South Bend woman hurt in crash near Wakarusa
A one-vehicle crash left a South Bend woman injured Tuesday evening on C.R. 38 two miles east of Wakarusa.
According to Elkhart County police, Holly Peavy, 26, was traveling east on C.R. 38, east of C.R. 9 when she lost control of her 2007 Mercury Milan on the snow-covered road. The vehicle struck a tree.
Peavy was transported to Elkhart General Hospital with head and back pain, according to police. Officers issued Peavy a citation for speeding in unsafe conditions.
• Mickel McCullough, 37, Goshen, reported a theft from his apartment Monday to Goshen police.
• Holly M. Province, 29, 1820 Westplains Dr., Goshen, was arrested on a charge of criminal conversion at Martin’s Super Market, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, according to Goshen police. Province was released with a court date.
• Elkhart County police responded to a report of stolen scrap metal from 24526 C.R. 45, Elkhart.
Ricky Reed, 32, 57932 Quebec St., Elkhart, and a 17-year-old Elkhart County resident were located with the scrap metal in a wooded area, police said. Reed was incarcerated at Elkhart County jail on a charge of theft and the juvenile was released to his parents.
• John Eldridge, 2124 Cedar Dr., Goshen, told Goshen police the picture window at his residence was damaged by a BB gun.
• Eric P. Sikes, 26, 55988 Ind. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone shot the south kitchen window of his home twice with a BB gun. The vandalism occurred between 3 p.m. Friday and around noon Sunday.
• A Goshen Parks and Recreation Department employee told Goshen police Monday that someone had spray painted a park bench and sidewalk on the bike trail near Mill Street Park. The vandalism occurred after 3 p.m. Thursday.
• Roman E. Hernandez, 19, was involved in a collision on C.R. 22, east of C.R. 33, Middlebury, according to Elkhart County police. Police said Hernandez was driving a motor vehicle while never receiving a valid license. He was cited to court.
• Miguel Campos, 44, 916 S. 12th St., was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop Sunday morning in the 600 block of East Jackson Street. He was arrested on a charge of driving while never obtaining a license. He was also taken into custody on a counterfeiting charge after several fraudulent documents were found with his name and photo on them, police reported.