THE GOSHEN NEWS
A child and two adults were injured in a single-car crash Tuesday on C.R. 50, about 800 feet east of U.S. 33 in Millersburg.
According to Elkhart County police, the crash occurred at 1:22 p.m. when Kevin Clark, 36, of Kimmell, overcorrected the 1995 Ford Explorer he was driving. His vehicle went off the south side of C.R. 50 and crashed into a utility pole with the passenger’s side of the vehicle. Clark was ejected and found on the ground suffering from severe facial trauma, according to police. Shannon Barton, 33, of Ligonier, was transported to Memorial Hospital in South Bend for treatment of facial lacerations. Logan Jones, 3, of Ligonier received facial bruising and was transported, along with Clark ,to IU Health Goshen Hospital. The investigation is ongoing and no citations were issued at the scene.
• A two-vehicle crash northeast of Topeka Sunday injured a Ligonier woman.
The collision occurred at LaGrange County roads 600 South and 500 West shortly after 9 p.m. LaGrange County police said a westbound 1997 Ford Windstar driven by Ken Miller, 41, Goshen, collided with the rear of a buggy operated by Floyd E. Miller, 59, Ligonier.
A passenger in the buggy, Clara J. Miller, 60, Ligonier, suffered a broken leg as a result of the crash. The buggy was totaled, police reported.
• A crash north of Wakarusa Monday injured a driver.
Elkhart County police said the crash occurred around 8:12 a.m. on Ind. 19 north of C.R. 36. Brody Winebrenner, 31, South Bend, was southbound in a 2001 Dodge Intrepid. Winebrenner told police he was distracted by his ringing cell phone. His vehicle drifted off the road and struck a ditch.
The Dodge then rolled over and struck a utility pole, police reported.
Winebrenner suffered a possible broken right hand, wrist pain and a facial laceration as a result of the crash. Police said Winebrenner was issued a warning for using a cell phone while driving.
• A pilot was uninjured in a plane crash Monday near Elkhart.
The crash occurred around 4:20 p.m. Elkhart County police said Phillip Knox, 44, Edwardsburg, Mich., took flight in a one-seater plane from Mishawaka Pilots Club, 29508 C.R. 20. Knox began having problems after take-off and landed in a grassy area at New Testament Bible Church, 29718 C.R. 18. The plane struck a tree after landing.
• A Goshen teenager was hurt when she was struck by a minivan around 7 p.m. Monday.
Brittany Gunn, 14, told Goshen police she was struck by a white minivan backing out of a driveway in the 200 block of Olive Street. The vehicle left the scene. Gunn suffered hip pain as a result of the collision.
• Staffers at Grand Design Recreational Vehicles, 11333 C.R. 2, Middlebury, reported a theft to Elkhart County police. A check for $4,355 was sent from Grand Design to a business in Canada as payment for equipment. The equipment was never sent, according to the police report, and attempts to make contact with the business have been unsuccessful.
• Darryl Riegsecker of Goshen told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle and stole property Monday night while the vehicle was parked outside Hacienda, 618 W. Lincoln Ave.
• Sheri Bontrager of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole money from her Interra bank account recently.
• Mickel McCullough, 37, 1330 Cedarbrook Court, was arrested by Goshen police Sunday night on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Zachary Harrison, 29, 18760 Jone Kay Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police Sunday on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a child and strangulation. The assault reportedly took place in Harrison’s home around 4 a.m.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Edward Logan Jr., 57, 1707 Aspen Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police around 10 p.m. Saturday after a traffic stop in the area of C.R.s 20 and 7. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Nathan Price, 24, Division Street, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 10:30 p.m. on Ind. 120 east of C.R. 19. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail on charges of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
• Christopher D. Hollowell, 32, 335 E. North St., Lot 41, Topeka, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 1 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of South Eighth Street. He was incarcerated on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.