THE GOSHEN NEWS
— A Goshen driver and his passenger were injured after veering off the road and hitting a tree at 12:23 p.m. Wednesday. According to Elkhart County police, Christopher Seddon, 20, Goshen, was driving his 2000 Honda Accord northbound on C.R. 19, south of River Blvd., in Goshen, when he drove left of the center lane and hit a tree. His passenger, Kaleb Bulva, Goshen, complained of abdominal pain and Seddon suffered leg pain. They were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. Seddon was cited for conditions requiring driving at an appropriate reduced speed.
Several arrested in heroin raid
Drug officers from the Warsaw Police Department and Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department arrested several individuals on a heroin bust at approximately 1:25 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, officers located an active meth lab and a HCL generator at 3160 Stoneburner Road, Lot 2, Warsaw, and arrested Shawn Morton, 50, Warsaw, and his wife, Dawn Morton, 47, Warsaw, on preliminary charges of felony dealing and manufacturing methamphetamine.
Adam Shay, 21, Elkhart, was arrested on a preliminary charge of a controlled substance. Shay’s arrest led officers to the Whispering Pines Mobile Home Park, located south of Leesburg. Officers from the Warsaw/Kosciusko County S.W.A.T. team converged on Lot 151 at approximately 1:25 a.m. Wednesday and arrested Darshawn Moore, 19, Chicago, for visiting a common nuisance; William Sanford, 34, Warsaw, for dealing in a narcotic drug; and Rachel Truex, 30, Warsaw, for dealing in a narcotic drug.
SWAT team members and undercover officers reportedly located two firearms and reportedly more than 100 small bags of heroin. Two juveniles were located at the mobile home and one was transported to a juvenile detention facility due to the alleged involvement in the distribution of heroin.
Disorderly conduct reports
• According to Goshen police, four Goshen High School students engaged in a fight after school in the main parking lot, 401 Lincoln Way West, Goshen, at 3:32 p.m. Wednesday. The fight was witnessed by the school resource officer and the students were arrested for reportedly fighting. They were released to their respective parents after being processed at the Goshen Police Department.
Hit and run reports
• Leslie Conrad, 61072 C.R. 15, Goshen, reported a hit-and-run crash to Elkhart County police at her residence at approximately 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Investigation revealed a northbound tan Ford Taurus ran off the eastside of the road, struck the edge of her driveway, jumped over the driveway, colliding with her trash can and mailbox. The vehicle continued without stopping near the scene and was found parked at 1613 Harrison Ridge Lane. The driver was not found, never reported the crash, and continues to be uncooperative.
• William Long, Elkhart, reported to Elkhart County police someone stole a backpack containing school items, clothing and a cell phone from a locker at 59021 C.R. 3 between 2:30 and 5 p.m. Tuesday.
• Hank Matthews, 56780 Via Pisa, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone stole a silver and black S & W 40-caliber automatic pistol in a black holster, a ForgTog waterproof suit and his red lunch pail from unlocked maroon 2001 Audi Tuesday. The theft occurred between 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, while it was parked in his driveway. Just prior to the theft, an approximately 27-year-old white male in a black and blue coat, wearing blue jeans knocked on the front door asking for directions.
• Malissa McCain, 1133 Whitfield Ct., Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone stole her son’s prescription medication while in the custody of Concord Southside Elementary school. The theft occurred between noon Tuesday and noon Wednesday.
• An employee of Martin’s Super Market, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a male entered the store and concealed two bottles of Jagermeister and left the store without paying for the concealed merchandise at 7:12 p.m. Wednesday.