THE GOSHEN NEWS
Goshen police investigated the following reports of batteries:
• A 12-year-old boy was arrested by Goshen police Friday at 7:45 a.m. at Goshen Middle School on a charge of battery and being incorrigible. The juvenile was released to his parent.
• Goshen police were called to CVS, 410 S. Main St., Goshen, at 3:01 a.m. Saturday for a male beating a female in the parking lot. Police said an 18-year-old Goshen woman was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of minor injuries. The male fled the scene when officers arrived.
• Jesus Davila, 1405 Abbington Court, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his daughter’s Apple iPad from San Jose grocery store in the 200 block of North Main St., Goshen around 5 p.m. Thursday.
• An employee at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole alcohol at 8:17 p.m. Friday.
• Mariah Skinner of Elkhart, told Goshen police someone stole her purse from Applebee’s, 1807 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, at 9:37 p.m. Friday.
• Holly Province, 29, 917 Graceland Court, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of criminal conversion at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 8:58 p.m. Friday. Province was released on a memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Kate Makousky told Goshen police someone damaged her vehicle while parked in the parking lot at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen around 10 a.m. Friday.
• A 15-year-old male was arrested at Goshen Middle School by Goshen police for criminal mischief and criminal trespass at 8 a.m. Friday. The juvenile male was released to his parent on a promise to appear.
• Evan Weeden of Goshen, told Goshen police someone made $252.03 in purchases using his checking account without his permission at 1:04 p.m. Friday.
• Jocelyn Navarro of Goshen, told Goshen police someone used her debit card around 6 a.m. Thursday.
• Gary Harman of Goshen, told Goshen police a fraudulent online company, FastLoan,com, advised he has a loan through them. Harman told police he never received a loan and the company withdrew $30 from his wife’s bank account at 4:24 p.m. Friday.
• Tim Thao, 26, 22402 Breakwater Court, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop in the 1900 block of Bashor Road, Goshen, for driving left of center at 12:47 a.m. Saturday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Luis Lopez, 32, 707 Marilyn Ave., Ligonier, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, public intoxication and not obtaining a driver’s license in the 100 block of North Fifth St., Goshen, at 5:06 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.