• Adrian Sharp, 224 S. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle outside his residence and stole his TomTom GPS system around 8 p.m. Thursday.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a Playstation 3 from the store around 2:32 p.m. Thursday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft after stealing items from a vehicle in the 100 block of Middlebury St., Goshen, at 10:53 p.m. Friday. The juvenile was transported to the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Phillip G. Huff, 59, 512 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery, interference with reporting a crime and intimidation at 9 p.m. Thursday. He was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Carlos Concepcion, 34, 212 Crescent St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving without a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop for disregarding a stop sign at the intersection of Crescent and Bridge streets in Goshen at 10:03 a.m. Friday. He was also jailed on a Goshen City warrant according to police.
• Juan Mata-Leyva, 28, 802 E. Reynolds St. Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license during a traffic stop in the 1300 block of East Plymouth Ave., Goshen, at 2:58 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Robert E. Johnson, 50, 715 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license at 3:32 a.m. Saturday. A traffic stop was made in the 100 block of South Eighth St., Goshen, for disregarding a stop sign and driving left of center, police reported. Johnson was transported to the Elkhart County Jail and incarcerated.
- Police News
- Sentencing hearing for robber delayed A Michigan man who pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted armed robbery using a hammer was to have been sentenced in Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday.
- Police cars hit in multi-county chase According to Middlebury police, officer Gary Smith attempted to locate a silver Saturn leaving McDonald’s on Ind. 13, near U.S. 20 in Middlebury at 11:30 p.m. Monday. Jonathan Gaby, 31, Middlebury, the driver of the Saturn was reported to be allegedly intoxicated.
- Goshen crash injures driver A two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Ind. 4 injured one driver, according to Goshen police reports. Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 2009 Nissan Cube driven by Emily N. Lee, 18, was northbound on U.S. 33 near
- Goshen woman guilty of stealing government property Crystal Riggs, 48, Goshen, pled guilty to felony theft of government property in federal court in South Bend. The magistrate judge is recommending that the district court accept the tendered guilty plea. Parties have 14 days in which to object to the
- Suspicious bottle found at Concord High School According to Elkhart County Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Bradberry, police responded to Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, Wednesday at 6:51 p.m. to a suspicious bottle that was found on the south side of the high school.
- Man pleads guilty to assault with knife Andrew Adkins, 26, Goshen, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon, a Class C felony. According to a statement from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office, Adkins was scheduled for trial Tuesday in Elkhart Superio
- One killed, one hurt in separate wrecks One person was killed and another badly injured in two unrelated crashes in Elkhart and Noble counties over the weekend.
- CIRCUIT COURT: Elkhart's Rushlow sentenced to 58 years for attempted murder GOSHEN — An Elkhart man was sentenced to 58 years in prison after a jury convicted him of attempted murder last month. Nicholas A. Rushlow, 32, Elkhart, was charged with felony attempted murder and felony criminal recklessness when his case went to t
Police: Warsaw man broke into funeral home for children's DVDs
A Warsaw man was arrested after police said they found him crawling out of a broken window at Mishler Funeral Home in Milford Tuesday morning.
Fiery crash reported near Topeka
LaGrange County 911 dispatchers received a call at 2:50 p.m. Thursday of a two-vehicle crash at 6765 W. 300 South near Topeka stating the vehicles were on fire.
- More Police News Headlines