• Adrian Sharp, 224 S. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle outside his residence and stole his TomTom GPS system around 8 p.m. Thursday.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a Playstation 3 from the store around 2:32 p.m. Thursday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft after stealing items from a vehicle in the 100 block of Middlebury St., Goshen, at 10:53 p.m. Friday. The juvenile was transported to the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Phillip G. Huff, 59, 512 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery, interference with reporting a crime and intimidation at 9 p.m. Thursday. He was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Carlos Concepcion, 34, 212 Crescent St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving without a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop for disregarding a stop sign at the intersection of Crescent and Bridge streets in Goshen at 10:03 a.m. Friday. He was also jailed on a Goshen City warrant according to police.
• Juan Mata-Leyva, 28, 802 E. Reynolds St. Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license during a traffic stop in the 1300 block of East Plymouth Ave., Goshen, at 2:58 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Robert E. Johnson, 50, 715 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license at 3:32 a.m. Saturday. A traffic stop was made in the 100 block of South Eighth St., Goshen, for disregarding a stop sign and driving left of center, police reported. Johnson was transported to the Elkhart County Jail and incarcerated.
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber