• Adrian Sharp, 224 S. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle outside his residence and stole his TomTom GPS system around 8 p.m. Thursday.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a Playstation 3 from the store around 2:32 p.m. Thursday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft after stealing items from a vehicle in the 100 block of Middlebury St., Goshen, at 10:53 p.m. Friday. The juvenile was transported to the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Phillip G. Huff, 59, 512 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery, interference with reporting a crime and intimidation at 9 p.m. Thursday. He was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Carlos Concepcion, 34, 212 Crescent St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving without a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop for disregarding a stop sign at the intersection of Crescent and Bridge streets in Goshen at 10:03 a.m. Friday. He was also jailed on a Goshen City warrant according to police.
• Juan Mata-Leyva, 28, 802 E. Reynolds St. Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license during a traffic stop in the 1300 block of East Plymouth Ave., Goshen, at 2:58 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Robert E. Johnson, 50, 715 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving with a prior suspended driver’s license at 3:32 a.m. Saturday. A traffic stop was made in the 100 block of South Eighth St., Goshen, for disregarding a stop sign and driving left of center, police reported. Johnson was transported to the Elkhart County Jail and incarcerated.
- Police News
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- Sweepstakes phone scam reported Elkhart County Sheriff’s deputies are receiving multiple reports of a phone scam where the caller reports to be from Publisher’s Clearing House.
- 3 Amish teachers suffer carbon monoxide poisoning but survive Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday. Topeka Fire Chief Stewart Bender says the three teachers lived in the school in a rural area of LaGrange County. Bender told The
Three Amish teachers escape carbon monoxide at school
Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday.
- Officers involved in Martin's shooting return to duty Two Elkhart police officers who shot gunman Sean Bair in the Martin's Super Market on Jan. 15, will return to active duty today. Officers Cody Skipper and Jason Tripp were taken off active duty while a review of their actions that night were complete
- Burglaries, thefts reported to police Several thefts and burglaries were reported to Goshen police recently:
- More Police News Headlines