THE GOSHEN NEWS
Rebecca Weirick, 20014 C.R. 21, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a person in a black car had crashed into landscaping on the side of her house with a vehicle and fled the scene at 6:22 p.m. Thursday. Police later located the driver, Timofey Karas, 19, 21042 Rivers Edge Drive, Goshen. He was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage by a subject under 21 and leaving the scene of a property damage crash. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Daniel Thornton, Milford, told Goshen police someone stole some of his personal items at a relative’s house in Goshen at 8:09 a.m. Thursday.
• Frederick Zinser, 416 River Ave., Goshen, reported a burglary at this residence to Goshen police sometime May 1.
Battery reports and arrests
• Monique Blackburn, 20, 1103 S. Ninth St. Apt. D, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery after an argument between her and her boyfriend was called in by a neighbor at 1:11 a.m. Friday. She was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Elmer Ortiz, 1011 Lantern Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone scratched the paint on his truck bed around 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Gerald W. Rogers, 45, 608 E. Spring St., LaGrange, was arrested by LaGrange County police on a charge of reckless driving on C.R. 300 West in the area of C.R. 500 South at 7 a.m. Wednesday. Police clocked Rogers driving at 89 miles per hours in a 55 mile per hour zone. He was transported to the LaGrange County jail.