THE GOSHEN NEWS
LaGrange County police arrested four people Thursday at 6 a.m. at 10650 W. 555 North near Shipshewana. Officers were investigating a shoplifting complaint and the suspect lived at the address. Officers said as they approached the door, they noticed a “one pot” methamphetamine lab in plain view outside the house. Police removed the occupants pending a search warrant and detected a strong chemical smell inside the house. The search warrant was granted and items located included methamphetamine, items associated with manufacturing methamphetamine, paraphernalia and a second “one pot” in the kitchen area of the house.
Jeremy Moon, 29, 10650 W. 555 North, Shispshewana, and Joshua Sanders, 25, 22265 C.R. 104, Elkhart, were arrested by LaGrange County police on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine and transported to the LaGrange County jail.
Emily Rae Ousley, 18, 1018 Laurel St., Elkhart, was arrested by police on a charge of maintaining a common nuisance. Amanda Don Soultz, 20, 293 Winchester Trails, Goshen, was arrested by police on a charge of visiting a common nuisance.
• Leonard Derrick, 55, 621 S. Seventh St. 2, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Supercenter Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 4:18 p.m. Wednesday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Jason Osborn, 19, 505 K. Lane Apt. 2, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft after Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, performed an internal investigation where it was allegedly found Osborn had stolen $180 from cash registers over a three-week period in May. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Cory A. Thompson, 2421 E. Kercher Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a BMX bicycle at 218 N. Eighth St., Goshen, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Anthony J. Campanello, 1902 Sweetbriar Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a basement window at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday.
• Lonnie R. Miller, 120 N. Main St. , Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the building with spray paint at 7 p.m. Monday.
• Joseph Roebeck, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his car while parked in the 300 block of Sunset Blvd., Goshen at 3:44 p.m. Wednesday.
• Employees of Speedway, 1906 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police a male in vehicle was allegedly smoking marijuana in their parking lot at 10:34 a.m. Wednesday. Police located the male, who showed multiple indicators of being under the influence of a controlled substance. The male admitted to smoking K2, synthetic marijuana. Due to the male’s level of impairment, he was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. A substance found in the male’s possession was seized by police and entered into evidence to be sent to Indiana State Police Lab for testing. No arrest was made.
• Jason Bowing told Elkhart County police he found the remnants of an inactive meth lab on C.R. 2, east of C.R. 7 in Middlebury at noon Wednesday.