THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Bristol man was injured in a one-vehicle crash at 12:26 p.m. Sunday near Bristol. According to Elkhart County police, Douglas Shaffer, 24, Bristol, was driving his vehicle northeast on C.R. 35, just north of C.R. 102, when a deer entered the roadway causing Shaffer to swerve and exit the east side of the roadway and strike a fence. Shaffer was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of right shoulder, right arm and neck pain. No citations were issued.
• Loretta M. Barrick, 57, 23617 U.S. 33, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:31 a.m. Saturday while at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Adam S. Lefaive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle and stole several items at 9 p.m. Friday while parked at 424 E. Jefferson St., Goshen.
• A 17-year-old male told Goshen police he was battered while at Steak ‘n Shake, 4025 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 3:36 a.m. Sunday.
• A 22-year-old female told Goshen police she was battered while at 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, at 5:49 a.m. Sunday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Joshua Felton, 1412 Hickory Place, Goshen, told Goshen police someone spray painted the back and west side of his home with red spray paint at 6 p.m. Friday.
• A 16-year-old male and female were arrested by Goshen police at 12:06 a.m. Sunday on charges of criminal mischief after a report was received of two individuals in a white SUV throwing eggs at a residence at 1506 West Ave., Goshen. They were later released into the custody of their parents.
• Leeann Landry and Zachary Miller told Goshen police their vehicles were vandalized while parked at 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, at 3:10 a.m. Sunday.
• Noe Lecona-Ruiz, 26, 501 S. Third St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 1:46 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Chicago and Pike on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.