THE GOSHEN NEWS
A motorcyclist was critically injured when his vehicle collided with a deer two miles south of Bristol Tuesday.
The collision occurred at 9:10 p.m. on C.R. 14, west of Ind. 15.
Elkhart County police said Gregory E. Tingstrom, 22, Bristol, was headed west on a 1999 Honda motorcycle when a deer walked onto the road from the north.
Tingstrom applied the brakes but could not stop the motorcycle, and the vehicle struck the deer. The crash caused the motorcycle to slide sideways.
Police said Tingstrom suffered head injuries as a result of the collision and was transported to Memorial Hospital of South Bend for treatment. He was listed in critical condition Wednesday afternoon.
LaGrange pair arrested
A LaGrange man and woman were arrested on multiple drug-related charges Tuesday in LaGrange.
According to LaGrange County police, officers were called to 2880 W. 050 N., LaGrange, Tuesday to follow up on a tip from a concerned citizen that alleged the residents of the home were manufacturing methamphetamine.
Upon arrival at the home, officers identified the residents as Melissa Norris, 42, Jason Lowry, 25, and a 14-year-old juvenile.
After receiving consent to search the residence, officers reportedly located what they believed to be a one pot meth lab as well as a large quantity of items commonly associated with the manufacture of methamphetamine. Police also reportedly found several bags which contained a white powdery substance believed to be methamphetamine.
The Indiana State Police Clandestine Lab team was contacted as well as the Department of Family Services due to the juvenile being in the home during the manufacture of meth.
Both Lowry and Norris were arrested on initial charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, maintaining a common nuisance and possession of chemical reagents.
Both are being held with no bond in the LaGrange County Jail until after a mandatory court appearance.
A Leesburg man was arrested early Wednesday morning for allegedly exposing himself to neighbors. Ricky Alan Sheperd, 48, 4 EMS B6C Lane, Leesburg, was booked into Kosciusko County Jail at 3:18 a.m. Wednesday. He was charged with indecent exposure-fondle intent to be seen by others and disorderly conduct-noise.
Officers had responded on two different occasions Wednesday attempting to locate Shepherd. Neighbors reported that he exposed his buttocks and genitals to them. Shepherd was held on $350 bond.
• An Elkhart County Humane Shelter officer made a report to Goshen police at 9:21 a.m. Tuesday that 13 cats and three dogs were being neglected at a West Oakridge Avenue address in Goshen. The animals were confiscated by the shelter officer.
• John Hochstetler, 64402 C.R. 33, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he found a laptop computer along the roadway near his residence at approximately noon April 30.
• Sharon Guthrie, 1022 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke into her detached garage and stole several items at 7:24 p.m. Tuesday.
• Robert Warble, 105 N. Indiana Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone took his daughter’s bicycle from their back yard at 4:32 a.m. Wednesday.
• Liberty Cantzler told Elkhart County police she located her stolen 2001 orange Jeep Wrangler parked at Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 8:30 a.m. Monday. During the recovery of the stolen vehicle it was found that the suspects had left items used for manufacturing methamphetamine inside the vehicle. It was also found that items in the vehicle when it was stolen were missing.
• Ethan Graber, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole $201.55 from his Interra debit card account sometime Saturday.
• A 15-year-old male told Goshen police he had been jumped and battered by four other males causing injury in the parking lot of Arbor Court, 300 Arbor Court, Goshen, at 6:10 p.m. Monday.
• Goshen police were called to 102 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 6:19 p.m. Tuesday in reference to a fight involving 10 to 12 subjects. Police arrived and spoke with three subjects who were supposedly involved.
• Two 15-year-old males got into a physical altercation at Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday. One male received a scratch to his face and abrasions to his right hand. The other male received cuts to both lips and a swollen right hand.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Lance R. Yoder, Goshen, told Goshen police he noticed graffiti painted on his place of business, 612 E. Reynolds St., Goshen, at 5 p.m. Friday.
• Michala Stucky, 1401 S. 13th St., Goshen, told Goshen police she noticed someone had spray painted her garbage can and the curbed edge in front of her residence at 9 p.m. Monday.
• Warren South, 1123 S. Eighth St., Goshen, told Goshen police a panel to his garage door was damaged by an unknown person at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
• Alfredo Martinez, 26, Chicago, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:42 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Clinton Avenue and High Street on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest. Martinez was admitted to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of high alcohol levels before being released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Paul M. Graber, 25, 1512 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 9:59 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Main and Mill streets on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Brandon Buckles, 21, 1311 Jersey Circle 2B, Mishawaka, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence during a traffic stop in the area of C.R. 38 and C.R. 21 in Goshen at 1:38 a.m. Saturday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Frederick Ferrah, Jr., 24, 22587 Lakeshore Drive, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after a traffic stop at C.R. 17 and C.R. 18 for traffic violations at 9:32 p.m. Saturday. Ferrah was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Manuel Mendoza-Jasso, 37, 65527 Canal Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:27 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of South Main Street on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle while never having received a driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.