A Hidalgo, Texas, man was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 6:59 a.m. Tuesday in LaGrange. According to LaGrange County police, Daylio Kiser, 63, 5365 N. Ind. 3, Howe, was stopped in his vehicle on C.R. 750 N. at the intersection of C.R. 375 E., facing west. A second vehicle driven by Juan Urquiza Serna, 38, 5913 Via Verde, Edinburg Hidalgo, Texas, was traveling south on C.R. 375 E., approaching C.R. 750 N. Kiser reportedly proceeded to drive west through the intersection, failing to yield to Serna’s vehicle, resulting in a collision. Serna’s vehicle sustained heavy front end damage to its front driver side. After the initial impact, Kiser’s vehicle also struck a NIPSCO pole which was located on the southwest corner of the intersection. Kiser said he didn’t see Serna’s vehicle when he proceeded through the intersection. Kiser was cited for failure to yield. Serna sustained injuries to his head and neck and was transported to Parkview LaGrange Hospital by medics. A passenger in Kiser’s vehicle, Joshua Marshall, 24, LaGrange, sustained injuries to his back and chest and was also transported to Parkview LaGrange Hospital for treatment.
• A two-vehicle crash injured two people shortly before 4 p.m. Friday on Ind. 15 south of Kercher Road. According to Goshen police, a driver listed in the crash report as L. Neal, 50, Laketon, Ind., was driving a 2003 Ford ZX2 that struck the rear of a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy R. Barry, 50, Milford. Barry suffered neck, back and head pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. Neal suffered wrist pain.
• A mo-ped rider was hurt in a Friday afternoon crash in Goshen.
The collision occurred shortly before 5 p.m. on Seventh Street, north of Jefferson Street. Goshen police reported Katelyn A. Truscello, 26, Goshen, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier and turning in to her driveway. She told police she didn’t see the oncoming mo-ped rider.
That rider, Michael A. Whitaker, 29, Nappanee, ran off the road and his vehicle collided with a parked 1999 Dodge Caravan owned by Rosalie Garcia, Goshen.
Whitaker suffered an abrasion as a result of the mishap.
Meth lab found
A possible meth lab waste on C.R. 1, south of C.R. 40 was reported to Elkhart County police at 3:08 p.m. Friday. The items found were consistent of a meth lab and Indiana State police were contacted to retrieve the items.
Illegal use of alcohol
Two Northridge High School male students, 15 and 16, were reported to Elkhart County police by Northridge High School staff as having possessed an alcoholic beverage at 7 a.m. May 2. Police said the incident is under investigation.
• An employee at Look Trailers, 52400 Ind. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole $100 to $200 in cash from an unlocked desk drawer at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
• Donald Strick, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole three rims with tires and damaged a tire in the parking lot of the Ind. 13 toll road entrance in Middlebury sometime between 7 a.m. April 29 and 3:35 p.m. Friday.
• Goshen police were dispatched to Builders Mart, 2413 Peddlers Village Road, Goshen, at 4 p.m. Friday in reference to thefts from motor vehicles belonging to the company.
• Emily Hensley, 814 S. Eighth St., Goshen, reported a theft from and criminal mischief to her property at 9 p.m. Sunday.
• Bradley Chokey, 1004 S. 12th St., Goshen, told Goshen police several tools had been stolen from his property at approximately midnight Monday.
• Rebecca Sweet, 304 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered the garage of her residence at 7 a.m. April 30 and stole a garden tractor belonging to her father.
• Niomi Lara, Goshen, told Goshen police her cell phone and $40 were stolen from her purse while at 507 W. Pike St., Goshen, at 4 p.m. Friday.
• Courtney Walls, 104 N. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police her residence was burglarized and over $3,300 worth of property stolen at 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Darrell Sears, 61472 C.R. 13, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered his home without permission through a front bay window at 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Ana Mondragon-Vidal, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone broke a window of her vehicle while parked at Ox-Bow Park, 23427 C.R. 45, Elkhart, at 7 p.m. Sunday and stole two purses and their contents.
• Kimberly Barrett of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made a fraudulent charge of $274.21 to her debit account sometime Friday.
• Vincent D. Baltazar, Goshen, told Goshen police someone fraudulently removed money from his Interra bank account at approximately noon Thursday.
• John Walden, Goshen, told Goshen police he noticed $137.48 had been fraudulently taken from his bank account at 4 p.m. Friday.
• Kenneth Mirer, Goshen, told Goshen police he was the victim of theft and fraud at approximately midnight April 8.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Devon Puckett, 57080 C.R. 35, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone slashed three of the tires on his 1998 Chevrolet Blazer between 9 p.m. April 29 and 7 a.m. April 30.
• Robert Gordon, 63, 15345 U.S. Hwy 6, Syracuse, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of battery and resisting arrest after a verbal argument at his residence at 10:15 p.m. Saturday. Gordon allegedly battered his 17-year-old daughter, who suffered a minor injury to her left knee. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail and the Department of Child Services was notified of the altercation.