• Guadalupe Rios, 34, Brownsville, Texas, filed a report of identity deception with local law enforcement in Texas. The case has been forwarded to Goshen police due to the information that the suspect is believed to be currently employed at an Elkhart County business based in Goshen. The matter is currently under investigation, police said.
• Ramon Campos, Goshen, told Goshen police Wednesday someone used his name to make purchases and now he has been getting notices from collection agencies.
Phone scam reports
• Holly Adams, Goshen, told Goshen police she has been receiving multiple calls from someone requesting that she Western Union more than $400 to Ft. Richie, Fla,, Wednesday.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• A corrections officer at 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of finding a small baggie containing a white powdery substance at 9:25 a.m. Tuesday. A field test revealed the powdered substance tested positive for methamphetamine.
• Brett Faulkner, 12383 C.R. 50, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police his 27-year-old son, Travis Faulkner, was intoxicated and becoming violent with other family members at 5:57 p.m.. Tuesday. Travis Faulkner was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for psychiatric evaluation.
• A 27-year-old Bristol man reportedly tried to kill himself by taking several pills at 10:15 a.m. Sunday, Elkhart County police reported. He was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for a 24-hour mental commitment.
• Rodney Pomroy, 52, Goshen, reported his vehicle was struck while parked in the parking lot at 1002 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen, at 11:35 a.m. Monday. No information from the other driver was left at the scene.
• Luis Santos, 18, Goshen, reported a hit-and-run accident occurred outside his home at 212 S. Ninth St., Goshen, at 1 a.m. Monday.