THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A driver was injured in a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 6, east of C.R. 7 in Elkhart Wednesday. The collision occurred at 3:45 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 1997 Ford Ranger driven by Mark Johnson, 52, Goshen, rear-ended a 2007 Chrysler Sebring driven by Laura Jusko, 62, Granger.
Jusko was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaints of pain to the back, neck and head. Johnson was issued a warning for following too closely.
More cops on road for holiday in Kosciusko County
Kosciusko County police are adding extra patrols to increase traffic safety during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
“Until Dec. 1, we will have saturation patrols and DUI checkpoints as part of comprehensive effort to curb impaired driving,” said Capt. Aaron Rovenstine, of the Kosciusko County police. “Anyone found to be driving impaired will be arrested. Also, occupants not using seat belts or who are not properly restrained will be cited and given a ticket.”
Students disrupts class
• Staff at Northridge Middle School, 56691 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 12-year-old male student was disrupting class and then being defiant and refused to follow directions at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Goshen home hit by bullet
• Bryan Corbridge, 57191 Sequoia Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a bullet was shot into his bedroom through the wall from outside while he was lying in bed at 10:57 p.m. Tuesday. Corbridge told police he did not know who shot the bullet and he was not injured.
• The night store director at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole alcoholic beverages at 2:55 a.m. Thursday.
• Dawn Burke, 22900 C.R. 28, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole her laptop computer and cell phone at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Georgia Gouin, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used her mother’s social security number to obtain medication sometime Sept. 27.
• Guadalupe Rios, 34, Brownsville, Texas, filed a report of identity deception with local law enforcement in Texas. The case has been forwarded to Goshen police due to the information that the suspect is believed to be currently employed at an Elkhart County business based in Goshen. The matter is currently under investigation, police said.
• Ramon Campos, Goshen, told Goshen police Wednesday someone used his name to make purchases and now he has been getting notices from collection agencies.
Phone scam reports
• Holly Adams, Goshen, told Goshen police she has been receiving multiple calls from someone requesting that she Western Union more than $400 to Ft. Richie, Fla,, Wednesday.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• A corrections officer at 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of finding a small baggie containing a white powdery substance at 9:25 a.m. Tuesday. A field test revealed the powdered substance tested positive for methamphetamine.
• Brett Faulkner, 12383 C.R. 50, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police his 27-year-old son, Travis Faulkner, was intoxicated and becoming violent with other family members at 5:57 p.m.. Tuesday. Travis Faulkner was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for psychiatric evaluation.
• A 27-year-old Bristol man reportedly tried to kill himself by taking several pills at 10:15 a.m. Sunday, Elkhart County police reported. He was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for a 24-hour mental commitment.
• Rodney Pomroy, 52, Goshen, reported his vehicle was struck while parked in the parking lot at 1002 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen, at 11:35 a.m. Monday. No information from the other driver was left at the scene.
• Luis Santos, 18, Goshen, reported a hit-and-run accident occurred outside his home at 212 S. Ninth St., Goshen, at 1 a.m. Monday.