A driver was injured in a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 6, east of C.R. 7 in Elkhart Wednesday. The collision occurred at 3:45 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 1997 Ford Ranger driven by Mark Johnson, 52, Goshen, rear-ended a 2007 Chrysler Sebring driven by Laura Jusko, 62, Granger.
Jusko was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaints of pain to the back, neck and head. Johnson was issued a warning for following too closely.
More cops on road for holiday in Kosciusko County
Kosciusko County police are adding extra patrols to increase traffic safety during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
“Until Dec. 1, we will have saturation patrols and DUI checkpoints as part of comprehensive effort to curb impaired driving,” said Capt. Aaron Rovenstine, of the Kosciusko County police. “Anyone found to be driving impaired will be arrested. Also, occupants not using seat belts or who are not properly restrained will be cited and given a ticket.”
Students disrupts class
• Staff at Northridge Middle School, 56691 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 12-year-old male student was disrupting class and then being defiant and refused to follow directions at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Goshen home hit by bullet
• Bryan Corbridge, 57191 Sequoia Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a bullet was shot into his bedroom through the wall from outside while he was lying in bed at 10:57 p.m. Tuesday. Corbridge told police he did not know who shot the bullet and he was not injured.
• The night store director at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole alcoholic beverages at 2:55 a.m. Thursday.
• Dawn Burke, 22900 C.R. 28, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole her laptop computer and cell phone at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Georgia Gouin, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used her mother’s social security number to obtain medication sometime Sept. 27.