THE GOSHEN NEWS
Police seek work release inmate
According to Elkhart County police, community corrections offender, Jeremy Melkus, 27, left the Work Release facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, Monday around 12:55 p.m. and had not returned by 12:55 p.m. Tuesday.
Melkus was nowhere in the facility and considered absent without leave.
Leaving the scene reports
• Robert Shidler told Elkhart County police he was involved in a two-vehicle crash on C.R. 46, east of C.R. 7 in Nappanee at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday and the driver of the other vehicle fled the scene before the arrival of officers.
• A loss prevention employee at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a man returned clothing that he had not purchased and received a Wal-Mart gift card in return. The man then purchased items at the store with the illegally obtained card around 1 p.m. Monday.
• Michael Norton told Elkhart County police someone stole two prescription medications from his backpack while at his place of employment at 2703 C.R. 36 in Goshen sometime between noon and 4:40 p.m. Tuesday.
Disorderly conduct reports
• Two Goshen High School students were in a fight, according to Goshen police, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. No arrests were made and the school is investigating the incident.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Marquita Flores, 2703 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke out the rear window of her vehicle around 5 a.m. Wednesday.
• Theresa Tirotta, 254 Oak St., Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone cut the tires on her 2000 Kia Sportage at her residence sometime between 4 p.m. Monday and noon Tuesday.
• Damian Marazita, 37, 502 W. 10th St., Mishawaka, was arrested by Goshen police during a traffic stop on a charge of false informing and on a warrant from Michigan at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday. Marazita was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Cosme A. Arriola, 37, Cromwell, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop at the intersection of College Avenue and Lincolnway East at 7:37 p.m. Wednesday. The charge was considered a felony due to previous convictions in Texas, police said. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Stephen Dekilder, 41, Middlebury, and Dalyn Perry, 23, Middlebury, were stopped by Elkhart County police for a traffic violation on C.R. 4, east of Ind. 13 at 8:03 p.m. Wednesday.
Dekilder was incarcerated on a charge of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and Perry was incarcerated on a charge of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• Cory Thompson, 20, 2421 E. Kercher Road, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 5:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of West Pike Street after police were called to the location by the resident in reference to a man passed out on the back porch. Thompson was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Matthew Moser, 32, Nappanee, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of being intoxicated while sleeping in the driver’s seat of his vehicle at the intersection of Ind. 19 and C.R. 46 in Nappanee at 12:45 a.m. Wednesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.