Police seek work release inmate
According to Elkhart County police, community corrections offender, Jeremy Melkus, 27, left the Work Release facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, Monday around 12:55 p.m. and had not returned by 12:55 p.m. Tuesday.
Melkus was nowhere in the facility and considered absent without leave.
Leaving the scene reports
• Robert Shidler told Elkhart County police he was involved in a two-vehicle crash on C.R. 46, east of C.R. 7 in Nappanee at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday and the driver of the other vehicle fled the scene before the arrival of officers.
• A loss prevention employee at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a man returned clothing that he had not purchased and received a Wal-Mart gift card in return. The man then purchased items at the store with the illegally obtained card around 1 p.m. Monday.
• Michael Norton told Elkhart County police someone stole two prescription medications from his backpack while at his place of employment at 2703 C.R. 36 in Goshen sometime between noon and 4:40 p.m. Tuesday.
Disorderly conduct reports
• Two Goshen High School students were in a fight, according to Goshen police, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. No arrests were made and the school is investigating the incident.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Marquita Flores, 2703 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke out the rear window of her vehicle around 5 a.m. Wednesday.
• Theresa Tirotta, 254 Oak St., Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone cut the tires on her 2000 Kia Sportage at her residence sometime between 4 p.m. Monday and noon Tuesday.
• Damian Marazita, 37, 502 W. 10th St., Mishawaka, was arrested by Goshen police during a traffic stop on a charge of false informing and on a warrant from Michigan at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday. Marazita was transported to the Elkhart County jail.