THE GOSHEN NEWS
One man is considered absent without leave by third-shift staff at the 201 Cottage Ave. work release center after he did not return after he was released for work, according to Elkhart County police. He was reported AWOL at 2:15 a.m. Monday.
A Goshen man was injured in a four-vehicle collision at 2:49 p.m. Wednesday, one mile south of the city limits of Goshen.
According to Elkhart County police, Craig Stahley, 41, Goshen, was driving his vehicle east on Kercher Road, just west of Dierdorff Road. A second vehicle, driven by Bruce Minor Jr., 45, South Bend, was reportedly traveling east on Kercher Road in front of Stahley. A third vehicle, driven by Joseph Correll, 30, Goshen, was traveling east on Kercher Road in front of Minor’s vehicle. A fourth vehicle, driven by Todd Eby, 50, Goshen, was traveling east on Kercher road in front of Correll’s vehicle.
Police indicated that Stahley’s vehicle collided with the rear of Minor’s vehicle, causing Minor’s vehicle to strike the rear of Correll’s vehicle, and Correll’s vehicle to strike the rear of Eby’s vehicle.
Eby was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of back pain. Stahley was cited at the scene for following too closely.
• Mark Dawson, 56679 Ind. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone entered his garage between 4 p.m. Saturday and 4 p.m. Sunday and removed several bottles of wine and four cans of beer from the refrigerator. The garage door was open at the time of the thefts.
• Edith Casas, Goshen, told Elkhart County police an unknown person used her information to open a fraudulent account sometime between Sept. 28 and Tuesday.
• Steven J. Koenig, 64386 Meadow Rdige Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered his residence between midnight and 3:30 a.m. Wednesday and removed a 42-inch television, Nintendo Wii video game system and an undisclosed amount of money.
• An employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he and another staff member were battered by a 14-year-old male resident at approximately 10:10 a.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Stacy Borkholder, 15910 Isaac Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police that a male subject kicked in the front door of her residence following a verbal argument at approximately 9 p.m. Monday.