An Elkhart man and a South Bend man were injured in a vehicle/bicycle collision at 6:15 p.m. Friday near Elkhart.
According to Elkhart County police, Aaron W. Hardesty, 19, Elkhart, was driving his vehicle east on C.R. 16, just east of Highland Court, when a bicyclist entered the roadway in front of him. Hardesty’s vehicle reportedly struck the bicycle, ridden by Darrien Lewis, 17, 1837 Brookfield St., South Bend, from the rear, then left the roadway to the north and struck a mailbox.
Lewis suffered internal injuries as a result of the crash. Hardesty complained of pain to the left collar bone. No enforcement actions were taken at the time of the incident. The crash remains under investigation.
• Michael Hall, Goshen, told Goshen police his bike was stolen while at Bearcat on Logan, 809 Logan St., Goshen, at 11:30 a.m. Friday.
• Penny Strall, 2624 Ponderosa Ct., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from her vehicle while it was parked outside her apartment at 11 p.m. Thursday.
• An employee of CVS, 410 S. Main St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police the possible theft of liquor by juveniles at approximately 6:25 p.m. Friday.
• Russing Cleavinger, 52, 102 N. Fifth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke into his apartment at 1:20 a.m. Saturday and removed several household items.
• Harold D. Waller, 35, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 8:59 a.m. Friday on a charge of resisting arrest and causing injury following the investigation of a battery call in the 100 block of West Pike, Goshen.
• A Goshen woman told Goshen police she was battered and had her purse stolen at approximately 8 p.m. Friday while in the 200 block of West Pike Street. The woman was treated at IU Health Goshen Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. A report was taken.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Sirquence L. Ruffin, 304 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a bedroom storm window at the family home at 10:35 p.m. Friday.