THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Cromwell man was killed in a single-car crash in Ligonier Saturday afternoon.
According to Noble County Sheriff’s officers, Oscar Rodriguez, 24, was killed when the 2005 Lincoln he was driving eastbound on Morton Road left the road and the driver brought the car back onto the road before it slid sideways into a ditch on the northside of the road. The car then struck a tree. Police said Rodriguez died at the scene.
A passenger, Karol Rodriguez, 21, Ligonier, was airlifted to Parkview Regional Hospital in Fort Wayne for treatment of leg and upper body injuries. According to hospital officials, she was listed in fair condition Sunday.
Police believe alcohol consumption was a factor in the crash.
Police investigate report of blood on ground
Goshen police received a call Sunday from someone who found blood on the ground outside the back exit of Addiction Recovery Center of Indiana, 114 N Main St., Goshen. Police said evidence will be collected and there have not been any calls about any crime having occurred in the area.
Goshen police and firefighters were called to Goshen College, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, for a fire alarm at 3:22 a.m. Sunday. It was found that someone pulled a fire alarm in one of the dorms when there was no fire.
• Delia Reese, 423 Arbor Court, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a piece of jewelry from her residence at 6 p.m. Sept. 7.
• Joan Carranza, 309 Westfield Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole license plate stickers off her vehicles parked at her residence at 10:44 p.m. Saturday.
• Mark Thiess, Goshen, told Goshen police of a scam in which he was unwittingly involved and the fraud resulted in many charges on his credit cards sometime Aug. 30.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Howard Davis, 122 Winchester Trails, Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized his 2007 Chevy Uplander between 3 to 4 a.m. Saturday.
• Jason L. Porter, 32, 503 A E. Waterford St., Wakarusa, was arrested by Goshen police and released with a court date after he reportedly was found to be violating a restraining order issued by a court at 2:04 p.m. Saturday.
• Leroy H. Zartman, 54, 430 W. Pike St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of public intoxication in the 400 block of W. Pike Street at 1:05 p.m. Friday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Sean Morcombe, 32, 408 Winter Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the 2000 block of Elkhart Road after being stopped for speeding and failing to signal a lane change at 1:52 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.