THE GOSHEN NEWS
Several automobile tires were cut in a northwest Goshen neighborhood, city police said Friday.
The damage was reported to police Thursday, and were believed to have taken place during the overnight hours. Those reporting vandalism included:
• Terry Snyder, who said someone cut the tire on his 2003 Ford van while it was at 701 Nebraska Drive.
• Stuart D. Swartz, who said someone cut the tires to his vehicle while it was parked at 1805 Westplains Drive.
• Betty J. Keranen, who said someone cut a tire on her vehicle at 305 Kansas Drive.
• Marlin E. Chupp, who told police a tire was cut on his vehicle at 1803 Westplains Drive. While police were investigating Chupp’s case, neighbor Nona D. Mitchell reported a similar case of vandalism.
• Holle Munoz, 919 S. Eighth St., told Goshen police Thursday someone entered her home and stole a PlayStation and three controllers.
• Deidre Gary reported the theft of two child support checks to Goshen police Thursday. The theft occurred at 105 S. Third St.
• Richard Hirschler, 1419 Wilson Ave., told police Thursday someone stole a bicycle from his home.
• An employee at Subway, 4024 Elkhart Road, said a customer stole $20 from the business around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Lauren Morales of Goshen told city police Friday that someone stole her bicycle outside Constant Spring, 219 S. Main St., sometime before midnight.
• Mariana Ratliff, 502 Bayberry Drive, reported a burglary at her home to Goshen police Thursday.
• Adam Nix of Goshen told city police Thursday someone stole his bicycle in the area of Chicago and Indiana avenues.
Elkhart County police said a student at Fairfield High School was placed in in-school suspension around 10 a.m. Wednesday for being insubordinate. While sitting in the designated area, the student wrote a threatening message on the wall. The pupil was then suspended from school, according to police.
• A 19-year-old Goshen woman told city police she was battered and hit by a moving vehicle driven by someone she knows. The incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of North First Street.
• A corrections officer at the Elkhart County work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., said an inmate attempted to bite his arm and broke the lock on a door handle. The officer was uninjured, according to Elkhart County police.
• Ronald Davidhizer told Elkhart County police Wednesday that ceilings and walls were damaged at 22043 Mississippi Ave. Three juveniles at the scene were turned over to their parents, police reported.
• Goshen High School staff told police Thursday a student had marijuana at the school. Dimitri D. Ruiz, 18, 122 Huron St., Goshen, was arrested and released on a promise to appear in court.