Jewelry store burglarized
Goshen police were called to a report of a burglary at Kenneth G Jewelry, 1924 Elkhart Road, early Sunday morning.
Police said someone forced their way into the building, and items were taken.
Motorists were hurt in recent motor vehicle-related crashes investigated by Elkhart County police:
• A motorcycle rider was injured in a one-vehicle crash south of Bristol Sunday morning.
Elkhart County police said the mishap occurred 9:34 a.m. on C.R. 10, east of Ind. 15. Police said Kevin Plank, 57, Bristol, was riding a 2002 Harley Davidson motorcycle west on C.R. 10. Plank went off the south side C.R. 10 to avoid hitting a tree in the road.
Plank was ejected from the motorcycle, according to police. He suffered a head laceration and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a Goshen driver Sunday north of Goshen.
The collision occurred around 2:15 p.m. at U.S. 20 and Ind. 15. Elkhart County police said a northbound 2000 Dodge Dakota driven by Michael Mills, 46, Goshen, collided with an eastbound 2005 Kenworth driven by Thomas Lea, 60, Milan, Minn.
Mills suffered minor cuts to his right hand and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Lea was cited by police for disregarding the traffic signal.
• Goshen police said a boy was located in the 300 block of East Jefferson Street after knocking on the door of a residence around 2:48 a.m. Sunday. Police said the juvenile was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment due to being intoxicated from drinking cold and cough medicine and smoking synthetic marijuana. The boy was later released to his mother, police said.
• Juan Casillas, 32, 1313 S. Ninth St., was arrested after Goshen police were called to his home shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday. Casillas was taken into custody on a charge of resisting law enforcement, and also on Goshen and Elkhart County arrest warrants. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
Jewelry store burglarized
- Police News
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- More Police News Headlines