Jewelry store burglarized
Goshen police were called to a report of a burglary at Kenneth G Jewelry, 1924 Elkhart Road, early Sunday morning.
Police said someone forced their way into the building, and items were taken.
Motorists were hurt in recent motor vehicle-related crashes investigated by Elkhart County police:
• A motorcycle rider was injured in a one-vehicle crash south of Bristol Sunday morning.
Elkhart County police said the mishap occurred 9:34 a.m. on C.R. 10, east of Ind. 15. Police said Kevin Plank, 57, Bristol, was riding a 2002 Harley Davidson motorcycle west on C.R. 10. Plank went off the south side C.R. 10 to avoid hitting a tree in the road.
Plank was ejected from the motorcycle, according to police. He suffered a head laceration and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a Goshen driver Sunday north of Goshen.
The collision occurred around 2:15 p.m. at U.S. 20 and Ind. 15. Elkhart County police said a northbound 2000 Dodge Dakota driven by Michael Mills, 46, Goshen, collided with an eastbound 2005 Kenworth driven by Thomas Lea, 60, Milan, Minn.
Mills suffered minor cuts to his right hand and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Lea was cited by police for disregarding the traffic signal.
• Goshen police said a boy was located in the 300 block of East Jefferson Street after knocking on the door of a residence around 2:48 a.m. Sunday. Police said the juvenile was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment due to being intoxicated from drinking cold and cough medicine and smoking synthetic marijuana. The boy was later released to his mother, police said.
• Juan Casillas, 32, 1313 S. Ninth St., was arrested after Goshen police were called to his home shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday. Casillas was taken into custody on a charge of resisting law enforcement, and also on Goshen and Elkhart County arrest warrants. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
Jewelry store burglarized
- Police News
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- Motorcyclist dies from crash injuries
- More Police News Headlines