Jewelry store burglarized
Goshen police were called to a report of a burglary at Kenneth G Jewelry, 1924 Elkhart Road, early Sunday morning.
Police said someone forced their way into the building, and items were taken.
Motorists were hurt in recent motor vehicle-related crashes investigated by Elkhart County police:
• A motorcycle rider was injured in a one-vehicle crash south of Bristol Sunday morning.
Elkhart County police said the mishap occurred 9:34 a.m. on C.R. 10, east of Ind. 15. Police said Kevin Plank, 57, Bristol, was riding a 2002 Harley Davidson motorcycle west on C.R. 10. Plank went off the south side C.R. 10 to avoid hitting a tree in the road.
Plank was ejected from the motorcycle, according to police. He suffered a head laceration and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a Goshen driver Sunday north of Goshen.
The collision occurred around 2:15 p.m. at U.S. 20 and Ind. 15. Elkhart County police said a northbound 2000 Dodge Dakota driven by Michael Mills, 46, Goshen, collided with an eastbound 2005 Kenworth driven by Thomas Lea, 60, Milan, Minn.
Mills suffered minor cuts to his right hand and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Lea was cited by police for disregarding the traffic signal.
• Goshen police said a boy was located in the 300 block of East Jefferson Street after knocking on the door of a residence around 2:48 a.m. Sunday. Police said the juvenile was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment due to being intoxicated from drinking cold and cough medicine and smoking synthetic marijuana. The boy was later released to his mother, police said.
• Juan Casillas, 32, 1313 S. Ninth St., was arrested after Goshen police were called to his home shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday. Casillas was taken into custody on a charge of resisting law enforcement, and also on Goshen and Elkhart County arrest warrants. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
Jewelry store burglarized
- Police News
- Police News for Dec. 12, 2013 A Syracuse man was arrested Wednesday after allegedly sending threatening letters to himself and others and misleading police. Jason Wilson, 40, 603 E. Pickwick Drive, was incarcerated in the Kosciusko County Jail on two Class D felony counts of inti
- Man pleads guilty to Elkhart store slayings An Elkhart man pleaded guilty to counts of murder Monday shortly before his trial was scheduled to begin.
Two hurt when vehicle collides with Goshen dental office
Two people were hurt when a vehicle crashed into Goshen Family Dentistry, 1625 Sunnyfield Drive, around 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
- More Police News Headlines