THE GOSHEN NEWS
Several people were hurt in recent automobile-related collisions responded to by Goshen police:
• A pedestrian was injured in a one-vehicle collision on Olive Street north of Mercer Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Goshen police reported that a 2003 Buick Century driven by Verna Henke, 84, Goshen, collided with Stephanie Wise, 20, Goshen. Henke told police she didn’t see Wise and another pedestrian walking in the road.
Wise suffered pain to her lower extremities and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a driver shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday at U.S. 33 and Pike Street.
Police reported that a 2002 Chrysler Voyager driven by Monica Rivera, 25, Goshen, struck the rear of a 1997 Ford Ranger driven by Ronald Holden, 75, Goshen. Holden suffered neck pain as a result of the crash.
• A two-vehicle collision left two people injured Saturday, March 23, around 3:12 p.m. on Blackport Drive north of Monroe Street.
According to Goshen police, a 1994 Toyota Camry driven by Kathleen A. Harting, 48, Goshen, went left of center and collided with a 1995 Ford F150 truck driven by Jonathan F. Stoltzfus, 72, Goshen.
Harting suffered chest pain and abrasions to her face and forehead. Stoltzfus suffered left shoulder pain. Both drivers were transported to IU Health Goshen Hosptial for treatment.
Teen makes threats
Goshen police were called to a residence in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue at 10:28 p.m. Thursday in reference to a domestic battery situation. During the investigation, police found a 13-year-old male threatened his father with a knife and a lead pipe. No injuries occurred and as a result the 13-year-rold was arrested and to the Juvenile Detention Center.
An Elkhart driver received minor injuries in a two-vehicle crash on C.R. 13, south of Bel-ridge Drive. The collision occurred at 4:31 p.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. George Vasbinder, 67, Goshen, was driving a 1992 Chevy Trailblazer when he struck the rear end of a 2012 Toyota Camry, driven by Cora Brown, 55, Elkhart. She was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of back pain. Vasbinder was issued a warning for following too closely.
• Michael Vann, 21, 3757 N. 900 West, Lot 117B, Cromwell, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of criminal conversion at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen for attempting to leave the store with unpaid merchandise of vodka and a wallet at 12:07 p.m. Thursday. He was released with a court date.
• Lucille L. Simmons, 36, 14583 Ind. 120, Bristol, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 100 block of W. Pike Street in Goshen for driving left of center. Simmons was released with a court date and the incident occurred at 1:04 a.m. Friday.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Marc Petersen, 63, 411 W. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after the vehicle he was driving went into the hydraulic canal of Plymouth Avenue Thursday. He was transported to Elkhart County jail.
• Travis Cline, 33, 64799 Orchard Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police late Thursday on the OWI and a charge of leaving a scene of a property damage accident. The incident occurred in the 600 block of North Main Street.
• Timothy Calhoun, 26, 102 Randolph, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop in the 400 block of West Lincoln Avenue in Goshen at 1:57 a.m. Friday. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.