THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — The following crashes occurred Thursday and Friday as reported by Elkhart County police:
• A 2009 Ford Fusion driven by Andrea Williams, 29, Elkhart, was northbound on C.R. 17 waiting to turn west onto C.R. 14. Williams turned left on a yellow light in front of a 1999 GMC Jimmy driven by Angela Schmidtendorff, 38, Elkhart. The GMC Jimmy went to the right and struck a 2002 Ford box truck driven by Donald Wentland, 34, Elkhart as it was waiting at the light. The crash occurred at 11:39 a.m. Williams was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of neck pain. No tickets were issued.
• A 2014 Ford Taurus driven by Julie Long, 42, Wakarusa, ran the stop sign at the intersection of C.R. 26 and C.R. 11 and collided with a 2010 Ford Ranger driven by Scott Corpe, 25, Goshen. The crash occurred at 2:33 p.m. and Corpe was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of hip pain. Long was ticketed for disregarding a stop sign.
• Debora Harmon, 53, Warsaw, became ill while driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trail Blazer at Ind. 15, north of U.S. 6. Her vehicle collided with the back of a 2008 Pontiac G6 driven by Bambi Lehman, 34, Milford, which pushed the front end into the back of a 2008 Nissan Rouge driven by Lisa Carpenter, 45, Bourbon. The collision occurred at 4:39 p.m. Lehman was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of pain to the head. No citations were issued.
• A 1998 Mack dump truck driven by Rick Brentlinger, 45, Edwardsburg, was westbound on Old U.S. 20, east of Riverview Manor Drive near Elkhart. A 2010 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Cheryl Morauski, 60, Elkhart, slowed to turn north and was rear ended by Brentlinger. The collision occurred at 11:49 a.m. She was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for compliant of head and neck pain. No tickets were issued at the scene.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• A bicycle theft was reported at 7:45 p.m. Thursday to Bristol police at the residence of 505 W. Vistula, Bristol. A the bicycle was recovered a short time later and returned to the owner.
• Gloriabelle Johnson of Goshen told Goshen police Thursday she had been the victim of identity deception sometime May 17.
• Natalie Gilpin, 25, 624 W. Front St., New Carlisle, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, and possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. The incident occurred at 7:24 p.m. Thursday and she was transported to Elkhart County jail.
• Jonathan Gonzalez told Goshen police someone damaged his vehicle while it was parked at Goshen High School sometime Thursday.
• Morgan N. Shepherd of Goshen reported a broken window from her vehicle to Goshen police while it was parked near a local restaurant during the lunch hour at 1202 S. Seventh St., Goshen. The incident occurred at 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
• Jeremy Barclay of Goshen told Goshen police someone damaged his vehicle while it was parked outside 2739 Oakwood Drive, GOshen, at 8:25 p.m. Thursday.