Local police recently responded to several reports of thefts and burglaries.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• An employee of Canteen Vending told Elkhart County police that personnel of Better Way Products, 70891 C.R. 23, New Paris, stole $50 from a vending machine at the company site between Tuesday at 5 p.m. and 5:33 a.m. Wednesday.
• Jared Borkholder of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone stole prescription drugs from inside his vehicle while parked in his driveway at 15910 Issac Drive. The incident occurred between 5 and 9 p.m. Tuesday.
• A juvenile was caught stealing items from the Marathon Station, 501 E. Madison St., Goshen, at 7:48 a.m. Wednesday. The juvenile was arrested by Goshen police and then released to his parent.
• Moussa Ousmane, 38, 417 Arbor Court Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen. The incident occurred at 8:20 a.m. Wednesday and he was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• A loss prevention officer for Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police that occurred at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• Cameron L. C. Lane, 23, and Kristin D. Lane, 29, both of 334 S. Well St., Mishawaka, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 12:29 p.m. Wednesday. Both females were released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Lashira Burton of Goshen told Goshen police her cell phone was stolen at 11:50 a.m. Wednesday.
• Fredrick White, 601 S. Fifth St., Goshen, reported his wallet stolen while at the Goshen Public Library at 4 p.m. Wednesday to Goshen police.
• Jerry Jump, 329 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his property while he was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. The incident occurred sometime May 16.
• Yvonne M. Mitchell, 46, 303 Tenth St., Mishawaka, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft after taking items without paying for them from Wal-Mart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 7:48 p.m. Wednesday. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.