Two siblings were injured after running across the road in front of a vehicle Thursday at 9:11 p.m. in the 200 block of W. Oakridge Avenue in Goshen.
According to Indiana State police, Jamie Huffman, 36, Goshen, was driving a 1994 Honda Accord west on Oakridge Avenue from Third Street and slammed on her brakes after Luciano Ontiveros, 10, and Blanca Ontiveros, 8, ran across the road.
The 10-year-old went on the hood of the vehicle and complained of pain to the left side of his body. The 8-year-old complained of pain to her hand after being struck by the passenger’s side mirror. The mother of the two children was contacted and refused any medical attention at the scene.
• Christine Messick, 62210 C.R. 13, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police someone entered their residence and removed several items between 8:15 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Family members of Hebe LeMarr, 504 E. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone attempted a theft from his property at 12:55 p.m. Thursday.
• Miriam Duran, 1018 Beaver Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone forced entry to her residence and took property. The incident occurred at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Christine L. Humphreys, 56, 1808 Taylor St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Martin’s, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, at 5:20 p.m. Thursday. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Angelica R. Sabinske, 18, 1809 Baltic Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police after being observed by Wal-Mart loss prevention concealing several items in her purse. The incident occurred at 7:28 p.m. Thursday. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Richard Mast, 65581 C.R. 43, Millersburg, told Elkhart County police someone vandalized his mailbox with fire crackers between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 2 a.m. Wednesday.
• A staff member told Elkhart County police a student damaged two pieces of furniture at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen. The incident occurred at 9:15 p.m. Wednesday.