A Michigan man died Sunday following a Saturday crash at 3:27 p.m. when his motorcycle collided with a car on U.S. 6 at C.R. 11, two miles east of Nappanee.
Dead is George J. Bommarito, 49, of Petoskey, Michigan.
Elkhart County police reported Bommarito was driving his 2008 Kawasaki motorcycle eastbound behind a Suzuki SUV driven by Brittany K. Keomangkhon, 18, Wakarusa. Police said Keomongkhon slowed her vehicle and began to turn right onto C.R. 11 and Bommarito moved to the left to pass the car. Keomangkhon then turned abruptly to the left to turn northbound onto C.R. 11 and the motorcycle struck the driver’s door, according to police.
Police said Bommarito sustained incapacitating head injuries and was airlifted to Memorial Hospital in South Bend for treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Sunday morning, according to St. Joseph County Coroner Randy Magdalinski.
Police are continuing their investigation.
• James Roth told Goshen police at 12:34 p.m. Saturday his vehicle was stolen in the 300 block of east Plymouth Avenue. Before police arrived the vehicle was found in the 1000 block of South Main Street.
• Ramiro Cuellar, 22, of Texas, was arrested on a charge of theft at Kohls, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen Saturday at 7:18 p.m. Cuellar was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Angela Fry told Goshen police Saturday that her cell phone was stolen on April 22.
• Nathan Miller, Middlebury, told Goshen police Saturday that items were stolen from his buggy while it was parked at 2036 Linconway East, Goshen Saturday at 10:34 p.m.
• Omar D. Aguilar, 22, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery at 314 N. Eighth St., Goshen on Saturday at 3 p.m. after police were called to that address. Aguilar was transported to Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A large display window at the Toy Barn, 711 W. Lincoln Ave. was shattered Friday after 7 p.m. police reported Saturday.