A North Webster man is in serious condition after a two-vehicle crash Friday near Leesburg.
According to Kosciusko County police, Gregory A. Smith, 77, North Webster, was driving a Ford F-150 pickup truck at the intersection of Armstrong Road and C.R. 200 East near Leesburg.
Smith was extricated from his vehicle. The driver of the second vehicle, a Ford Explorer, was driven by Randall W. Shepherd, 27, Warsaw. Police said Shepherd was westbound on Armstrong Road when a vehicle suddenly stopped in the roadway.
Shepherd swerved to his left, crossing the center line and hit the pickup truck head-on driven by Smith. Shepherd refused medical treatment at the scene according to police.
• Renee Nusbaum, 1208 Prairie Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole the cast iron eagle from the top of her outside light fixture at 10 a.m. Friday.
• Thomas Kurtz of Middlebury told Goshen police someone damaged his van and stole some items while it was parked at Brookside Trailer Park, 216 Brookside Manor, Goshen. The incident occurred sometime May 4.
• The manager at Hacienda, 618 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police a male and female left the restaurant without paying for their meals at 4:29 p.m. Friday.
• Gina Liechty, 412 E. Purl St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police an unknown male broke into her detached garage and stole items. The male ran away when Liechty arrived home at 5:26 p.m. Friday.
• Adam B. Kauffman, 308 N. Eighth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the siding on his residence at 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Domestic battery reports and arrests
• Amy N. Hummer, 34, and Jason C. Hummer, 37, both of 414 Westwood Drive, Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor at 11:20 p.m. Friday. Amy and Jason used their hands to batter each other. Amy experienced lacerations and bruises to the neck and face area. Jason experienced bruises to the face. Both of them refused medial treatment and were incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.