Elkhart city police are looking for the person who robbed the 1st Source Bank, 2020 E. Bristol, Wednesday.
The robbery occurred around 10:20 a.m. Witness said the robber was a black male who may have left the scene in a 1980s-era, primer gray Chevrolet Camaro.
Police said anyone with information about the incident can call the tip line at 574-389-4777.
• Carol Bell of Goshen told Goshen police someone called her Tuesday claiming to be from the U.S. Treasury Department and wanting to give her several thousand dollars. Police said that Bell, who believed the call was an attempt to obtain her personal information or property, provided neither to the caller.
• Staff at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, reported a theft that occurred at the store this week and on April 8.
• Goshen police said that Nichole Eckert, 42, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly trying to shoplift at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. Eckert was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Kristy Sloan, 38, Elkhart, told Goshen police Tuesday that someone stole her cell phone at 401 Lincolnway East.
• Kyle Bohner, 21, 203 Mill St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after he allegedly tried to steal $19.99 worth of merchandise and damaging two packs of batteries Tuesday at Martin’s supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road. Bohner was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Kevin Berkey told Goshen police Tuesday that someone damaged a privacy fence at 709 S. 14th St.