A Goshen motorist was arrested after a crash early Sunday morning.
The crash occurred around 3:30 a.m. Goshen police said Luis Manriquez-Sanchez, 53, 708 Bayberry Drive, was driving a car that struck a sign, parked vehicle and house in the 1100 block of South 16th Street. Police said Manriquez-Sanchez was found in the 1200 block of South 16th Street in his car, which had extensive front-end damage.
Manriquez-Sanchez was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, leaving the scene of a crash and driving without ever receiving a driver’s license. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• A 17-year-old boy told Goshen police someone entered his vehicle and stole several of his belongings while the automobile was parked at Wings Etc., 4644 Elkhart Road, Saturday.
• Brittany N. Martinez, 27, 1841 Manor Haus Court, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at Martin’s Supermarket, 1627 Bashor Road, Friday on a charge of criminal conversion. Police said there were also two Goshen City Court arrest warrants out for her. Martinez was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Police were called to the 200 block of South Third Street Sunday to a report of a fight. Two boys had been battered, according to police, and they were checked out by paramedics. The police report lists the time of the incident as 12:44 a.m.
• Goshen police were called to IU Health Goshen Hospital Saturday regarding a report of child abuse that had occurred on North Main Street. The child had severe bruising, according to police. The case is under investigation.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Someone vandalized a stop sign at Winter and Prairie avenues, according to a Goshen police report dated Saturday. Goshen Street Department personnel were notified.
• Stephen Bowers, 1311 Ashbury Court, told Goshen police that someone damaged the walk-through door to his garage.