An employee at Rent-A-Center, 612 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police a customer came into the business carrying a handgun at 3:30 p.m. Monday. Police said the handgun was never removed form the person’s holster. The customer had a valid Indiana gun permit. Police told the customer to not bring the weapon into the store.
Driver hurt inMonday wreck
A driver was injured in a one-vehicle crash Monday on C.R. 38 west of C.R. 21.
The mishap occurred around 6:48 a.m., according to Elkhart County police. Sarah Pettiford, 30, Goshen, was driving west in a 2006 Nissan Altima. Pettiford later told police she lost control of the automobile when it struck a pothole.
The Nissan went off the north side of the road, struck a ditch and rolled over.
Pettiford suffered neck and collarbone pain as a result of the crash. She was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Police said Pettiford was issued a warning for driving too fast and was issued a citation for driving without insurance.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Boota Singu, 65579 Ind. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police Monday someone stole his India passport between 11 a.m. April 19 and 11 a.m. April 20.
• Teresa Green, 17914 C.R. 42, Goshen, reported a burglary at her residence between 7:05 a.m. and 3:35 p.m. Monday to Elkhart County police. Someone broke the basement window and stole jewelry, men’s clothing, a photo album, and Internet modem and a DVD player.
• Sandra Hoover of Middlebury told Elkhart County police someone made an unauthorized transaction to her checking account in the amount of $254. The incident occurred Friday.
• Damon Collins, 201 N. Cottage, Goshen, reported a cell phone stolen from his locked locker to Elkhart County police between April 21 at 2 p.m. to Monday at 5:58 a.m.
• Destiny Fernandez, 557 S. Arbutus, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone took her 2003 Toyota Highlander without her permission. The incident occurred between Friday at 11 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.