THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury.
According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2, just east of Ind. 13, when she reportedly turned south into a private drive, crossing into the path of Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, who was driving his motorcycle eastbound on C.R. 2, just west of Ind. 13.
Greensides’ motorcycle reportedly struck Lindwedel’s vehicle, causing him to be ejected. Lindwedel’s vehicle then spun several times before colliding with a third vehicle that was parked facing south in the private drive. Greensides was transported to Memorial Hospital in South Bend by Medflight for treatment of severe head injuries. Lindwedel was uninjured.
No citations were issued at the scene. The Elkhart County Crash Investigation Team is investigating further.
Goshen woman hurt is one-vehicle crash
A Goshen woman was injured when her vehicle struck a tree at 6:50 a.m. Sunday on C.R. 38. According to Elkhart County police, Alejanda Nieto, 23, Goshen, was driving her vehicle eastbound on C.R. 38, just west of C.R. 21, when her vehicle reportedly exited the roadway to the north and struck a tree. Nieto was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital by private transportation for treatment of a laceration to the leg and complaint of chest pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Mariacruz Diaz, South Bend, filed a report with Goshen police indicating a theft had occurred at 211 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, at 10:08 a.m. Saturday.
• Jennifer Miller, Nappanee, owner of The Jean Shack, 304 N. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police several items were stolen from her store at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Erma Moore, 27, 2652 Ashton Pines Apartments, 11H, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:50 p.m. Saturday while at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. She was booked into the county jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Baldemar Lopez, 215 S. Riverside, Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke a window on his residence at 12:15 a.m. Sunday.
• Mark Bailey, 56, 261 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 5:20 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Joseph Lippincott, no age provided, 1019 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 4:31 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Bashor Road, Goshen, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Irene Vivian Marie Marks, 18, 319 W. Dodds St., Bloomington, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:39 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of College Avenue and Main Street on charges of possession of heroin with intent to sell and two other counts of possession of a controlled substance. She was booked into the county jail.
• Thomas Hatfield, 37, 27882 Sentry Way, Apt. K, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:35 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of C.R. 26 and C.R. 13 on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Javier Castro, 22, 12380 C.R. 24, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:20 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of West Plymouth Avenue on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.