THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
Police linked Davis to the Aug. 7, 2013, robbery at Key Bank, 121 E. Vistula St. The investigation leading to the arrest was a joint effort between the Bristol Police Department and the FBI. Bristol police said Davis’ arrest was the second and final arrest associated with that bank robbery.
The first person apprehended was Darius Witherspoon of South Bend. Witherspoon was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend earlier this year to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release. The charges against him stemmed from the Key Bank robbery in Bristol, as well as the robbery of an Edwardsburg, Mich., bank.
In addition to the prison term, Witherspoon was also ordered to pay $66,965 in restitution, according to staff with the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Prosecutors said Witherspoon brandished a firearm during both robberies.
• A Goshen man notified city police Thursday after finding items related to the possible manufacture of methamphetamine. Police said the items, found in the wooded area behind Linway Cinema, 514 W. Lincoln Ave., were determined to be meth-related. Indiana State Police officers were contacted.
• A 30-year-old Goshen woman reported an intruder to city police Thursday. The woman said that as she went through the door to her detached garage in the 1200 block of East Plymouth Avenue, a man who was inside the garage ran off. No items were taken. The incident occurred around 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the police report.
• Crystal Williams, 33, 929 S. Main St., Apt. 2, Goshen, was arrested on a theft charge by Goshen police Thursday. Police said Williams took a bank bag belonging to a Goldenrod client while at the Subway restaurant, 301 W. Pike St. The incident occurred around 6:15 p.m., according to the police report. Williams was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Carrie M. Mohr, 36, 51908 Winding Waters Lane, Elkhart, was arrested Thursday by Goshen police at Kohls, 3802 Midway Road, on a charge of criminal conversion. Mohr was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Debra J. Lombardo, 60, 15 John St., West Milford, N.J., was arrested by Goshen police Thursday at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, on a theft charge. Lombardo was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Michael Aust, 18, 9269 E. 1100 South, Amboy, Ind., was arrested by Goshen police after allegedly trying to take items at Kohls, 3802 Midway Road. He was released with a summons to appear in Goshen City Court.
The following motorists were recently arrested, and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Victor H. Godinez-Pena, 30, 510 Oatfield Lane, Goshen, was arrested after Goshen police reportedly found him slumped over in the driver’s seat of his running vehicle in the parking lot of Pringle Park, 1912 W. Lincoln Ave., around 11 p.m. Thursday.