THE GOSHEN NEWS
An Elkhart motorcyclist remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday following a two-vehicle crash Tuesday.
The crash occurred at 9:35 p.m. at Ind. 15 and C.R. 42 south of Goshen. Elkhart County police said a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 truck driven by Spencer Erb, 22, New Paris, was headed west on C.R. 42. Police said Erb turned left onto Ind. 15 and into the path of Thomas E. Frost, 45, Elkhart, who was headed north on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle. The vehicles collided.
Frost suffered leg fractures and a head injury in the crash. He was airlifted by Samaritan air ambulance to Parkview North Hospital, Fort Wayne.
Erb was unhurt in the collision.
• Brittany Hembree, 58072 Diener Drive, told Elkhart County police that between around 7 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday, someone entered her unlocked vehicle in the open garage of her residence and stole her purse.
• Jorge Juarez of Goshen told Elkhart County police that between Oct. 2 and 4, someone fraudulently used his credit card information to make several transactions.
• Erika A. Papes, 504 Carter Road, reported to Goshen police Wednesday the theft from three vehicles, criminal mischief and residential entry at her property.
Around noon Tuesday, Elkhart County went to a home in the 16000 block of C.R. 42 to check on a 90-year-old woman after family members said they hadn’t heard from her in several days. Police forced their way into the residence so that immediate medical care could be provided to the woman, who was later transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Timothy D. Murphy, 66437 Prairie View Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police that someone damaged his property after entering his unlocked vehicle. Davis said his 2003 Ford Focus was parked in his driveway around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Davis said he woke around 5:55 a.m. Thursday to find the vehicle had been driven through his garage door, damaging the Focus and the garage door.
• An employee at Fairfield High School told Elkhart County Tuesday that a 16-year-old male student broke out a window inside the school.
• Staff at Elkhart Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., told Elkhart County police Tuesday that someone at the facility was in possession of a hypodermic needle with a brown liquid inside it.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Derrick J. Nagy, 52, 57354 Arabian Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop on C.R. 18 at C.R. 45 around 11:35 p.m. Wednesday.