The following crashes were reported by the Elkhart County police:
• A driver was injured in a single-vehicle crash Friday at Ind. 19, north of C.R. 32 near Wakarusa. The crash occurred at 3 p.m. A 1997 Jeep Cherokee driven by Ronald Haas, 41, Wakarusa, jackknifed after the load shifted on the trailer he was pulling behind the Jeep. He was transported to Elkahrt General Hospital for complaint of pain to the back. No citations were issued.
• Two people were injured in a two-vehicle collision at U.S. Hwy 33 and C.R. 50 near Millersburg Saturday. A 1999 Chevy Malibu driven by Yesenia Varela, 19, Ligonier, turned in front of the 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup driven by Brent Roe, 39, Fort Payner, Ala. Varela, who complained of abdomen pain, and her passenger, Dara Hernandez, 22, Wawaka, who had a laceration to the top of her head, were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. No citations were issued.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Roberto Castaneda, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used his name and social security number for employment at 3:14 p.m. Thursday.
• Darla Meredith reported a burglary to Goshen police at 165 Brookside Manor, Goshen, at 3:51 p.m. Thursday.
• A 17-year-old male told Goshen police someone stole a computer from his vehicle at 404 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen, at 4 p.m. Thursday.
• Charlotte Killian, 33, South Carolina, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 4:37 p.m. Thursday. She was transported to the Elkahrt County jail.
• John Davis, Quinlan, Texas, told Goshen police someone used his identity while staying in Goshen to obtain cable TV sometime Aug. 30.
• An employee of Elkhart County Parks told Elkhart County police someone stole money from soda vending machines at Bonneyville Mill, 53373 C.R. 131, Bristol. The theft occurred between 7 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday. The machines door lock was removed by use of a drill.
• Randy Richard, 610 N. Fifth Street, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a firearm sometime Sept. 7.
• Dedra Snyder, 552 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her residence without permission while she was gone sometime Friday.
• Michael Snider, 510 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, reported his residence had been burglarized to Goshen police at 10:14 p.m. Friday.
• McKenzie Yoder, Elkhart, told Goshen police someone stole her purse from a bar at 827 Lincolnway East, Goshen at 2:50 a.m. Saturday. Police said the purse was later located along the street in the 800 block of Lincolnway East.
• Jacqueline Garcia and Dale Farthing, 1602 S. Tenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized their home at 6 a.m. Thursday.
• JoJo Gonzales, Goshen, told Goshen police he had received a counterfeit $20 bill at 8 a.m. Thursday at 303 S. Tenth St., Goshen.
• Alice Torres, 53, 1203 S. Martin St., Ligonier, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 3:40 p.m. Friday. Torres was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Kari Myers, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made several charges to her bank account without her authorization at 5:03 p.m. Friday.
• Miguel Briano-Hernandez, 48, Roxbury Park, Goshen, told Goshen police he received a phone call from a person in Lima, Peru advising he needed to send a money gram for $1,460 or Immigration would be contacted about his legal status. The incident occurred at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
• Staff at Concord High School, 59177 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police a physical altercation occurred during gym class between two students at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday. An 18-year-old student was battered by a 16-year-old student.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Alyssa Al-ugaili, 203 Roxbury Park, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged her car during the overnight hours Wednesday.
• Goshen police were dispatched to the area of S. Main Street and Plymouth Avenue in reference to people in a vehicle shooting what appeared to be a BB style gun at houses at 4:16 p.m. Thursday. The vehicle had left the area before police arrived.
• A 13-year-old called Goshen police about criminal mischief being done at 321 N. First St., Goshen, at 5:19 p.m. Friday.
• Brent Silcox, 39, 64172 C.R. 21, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of cocaine near 526 N. Eighth St., Goshen, at 9 p.m. Thursday.
The following crashes were reported by the Elkhart County police:
- Police News
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- Sweepstakes phone scam reported Elkhart County Sheriff’s deputies are receiving multiple reports of a phone scam where the caller reports to be from Publisher’s Clearing House.
- 3 Amish teachers suffer carbon monoxide poisoning but survive Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday. Topeka Fire Chief Stewart Bender says the three teachers lived in the school in a rural area of LaGrange County. Bender told The
Three Amish teachers escape carbon monoxide at school
Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday.
- Officers involved in Martin's shooting return to duty Two Elkhart police officers who shot gunman Sean Bair in the Martin's Super Market on Jan. 15, will return to active duty today. Officers Cody Skipper and Jason Tripp were taken off active duty while a review of their actions that night were complete
- Burglaries, thefts reported to police Several thefts and burglaries were reported to Goshen police recently:
- More Police News Headlines