THE GOSHEN NEWS
Anthony E. Holewinski of Goshen told Goshen police his vehicle was struck by a semi in the 2700 block of College Avenue in Goshen at 2:05 p.m. Thursday. The semi left the scene.
• Denise Morrison, 4046 Shawnee Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole several items of jewelry from her residence between Feb. 27 and Tuesday.
• An employee at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a juvenile stole a van belonging to the home and ran away around 7 p.m. Thursday. The juvenile was apprehended in the van in Whitley County and returned to Bashor Children’s Home.
• The office manager for Unique Siding Comp., 2400 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a license plate for a company trailer around 8 a.m. Feb. 1.
• Jimmy O’Daniel and James Morris, 1613 S. 12th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole two televisions and jar of change from the residence at 12:50 p.m.. Thursday.
• Julie Slater, 14169 Claire Lane, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a juvenile punched a 12-year-old female in the arm and kicked her on the back of her legs around 6 p.m. Thursday. The 12-year-old old complained of pain and there was no visible injury according to police. The male juvenile was taken into custody and transported to Juvenile Detention Center on a charge of battery.
• Tony Hill of Goshen told Goshen police someone slapped him while he was at Tony’s Grill, 103 N. Fifth St., Goshen around 8:02 a.m. Thursday.
• Vicki Blevins of Bristol told Elkhart County police someone used her debit card to make unauthorized purchases after she lost the card Feb. 14.
• Jack Nelson of Shipshewana told Goshen police someone used his debit card information at a Goshen pizza place to obtain food around 4 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Stephanie Grant, 24, 23611 Cole St., Elkhart was arrested by Goshen police on charges of leaving the scene of a property damage crash, not having insurance and driving with a suspended driver’s license with prior convictions after a hit and run crash at 10:33 a.m. Thursday.
• Karen Weaver, 55, Goshen, was stopped for a traffic violation by Elkhart County police on C.R. 46 near C.R. 29 in New Paris at 12:22 a.m. Friday. She was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Bradley C. Murray, 21, 10074 Linden Dr. NW, Grand Rapids, Mich., was arrested by Goshen police on a charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and never having received a driver’s license at 2:20 a.m. Friday. A traffic stop was made in the 900 block of West Pike Street, Goshen for unsafe lane movement. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.