THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Ligonier man was sentenced on drug charges earlier this month in Elkhart Superior Court 3.
Marco A. Cordoba, 29, Ligonier, was sentenced to 25 years in the Indiana Department of Correction on two Class A felony counts of dealing cocaine. Cordoba had earlier pleaded guilty to the charges.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Nicholas Thrasher, Goshen, told Goshen police the front passenger side tire of his vehicle was damaged at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday while parked in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue.
• Police were called to Goshen College, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, at 4:15 a.m. Sunday after it was found that someone had pulled the fire alarm when there was no fire.
• Jonathan Castro, 19, 59111 Rosewood Drive, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 5:10 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of West Pike Street on charges of possession of marijuana, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and illegal possession of an alcoholic beverage. He was booked into the county jail. A 15-year-old male passenger in Castro’s vehicle was also arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and illegal possession of an alcoholic beverage. He was released to his parents.
• A Goshen man and an Elkhart woman were arrested on multiple charges following an altercation at 8:55 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Lincoln Avenue. Chad Powell, 33, 911 S. 15th St., Goshen, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and five active Elkhart Police Department warrants. Denetra Hixson, 36, 513 W. High St., Elkhart, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication. Both Powell and Hixson were booked into the county jail.
• Kenneth Shafer, 50, 320 E. Madison St., Apt. B, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:09 a.m. Sunday on charges of public intoxication and unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle after being found inside a vehicle that did not belong to him at 113 S. Main St., Goshen.
• Avery Rickey, 18, 69315 Section St., Edwardsburg, Mich., was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 100 block of West Clinton Street. Rickey was booked into the county jail.
• Veronica Tafolla, 21, 808 H Lane, Apt. 1C, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:38 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Greene and Bashor roads on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked into the county jail.