THE GOSHEN NEWS
Goshen police were dispatched to the area of Fifteenth Street and Plymouth Avenue in Goshen about wires down in the roadway Thursday. The wires were moved to the side of the street and the cable company was advised of the damage to their wires at 9:46 a.m. Thursday.
Impersonation of a police officer reports
• Paula McKee, 1502 N. James Place, Goshen, told Goshen police she was contacted over the phone by a lady identifying herself as a law enforcement officer and demanded money at 4:49 p.m. Thursday. She did not provide any money or personal information to the caller.
• Jared Fisher, Goshen, told Goshen police someone approached a group of friends and identified himself as an Elkhart County Sheriff’s officer in the 2000 block of Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 1:08 a.m. Friday. Police found the person and spoke about the incident. The person reported that he was just upset about the behavior he had witnessed by the group.
• Glen Unzicker, 17740 C.R. 14, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered an unattached barn on his property and removed a John Deere Hay Rack between May 27 and June 7.
• Roberto Picil-Guzman, 303 S. Tenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his black 2012 Kiat scooter from his residence between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
• An employee at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a black male had stole some alcohol, a total of three bottles worth $103.78, at 11:10 p.m. Thursday. The male fled the area and could not be located.
• Chase Fennell, Jennifer Fennell and Craig Lowe, 7180 N. 900 West, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone gained access to their residence by breaking out the basement door glass and stole a female wedding band between 7:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Wakarusa female told Elkhart County police she was struck by another female at 29684 C.R. 36 in Wakarusa between 8:30 and 8:45 p.m. Wednesday. She had minor scrapes and bruising to her face and arms. Police are investigating the incident further.
• Ruth Yankey, Millersburg, told Elkhart County police someone fraudulently charged $66.97 on her debit card at 8 a.m. Monday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Christine Schrock, 314 Hackett Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone has damaged her mailbox and mail by what appeared to be firecrackers which had been placed in the mailbox between July 2 and Thursday.
• Robert Powell, 25, 1607 W. Vistula, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving while intoxicated during a traffic stop on Bristol Street, east of Osolo Road in Elkhart at 11:21 p.m. Thursday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. A passenger, John Joseph Cox, 30, was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and released on a promise to appear in court.