THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — Two people were injured in a single-vehicle crash on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 near Bristol Saturday. The crash occurred at 5 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Michael Norton, 50, Colon, Mich., left the roadway and overturned. Norton and his passenger, Linda Norton, 49, Colon, were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaints of head pain. He was given a warning for conditions requiring driving at a reduce speed.
Theft/burglaryreports and arrests
• Cynthia Hrynewycz, 53, 61212 C.R. 21, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen. She allegedly attempted to leave the store with $275 of unpaid groceries at 1:11 p.m. Saturday. She was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• James Law, Bristol, told Goshen police someone stole his cell phone from Low Bob’s Tobacco Shop, 434 W. Pike St., Goshen, at 3:21 p.m. Saturday.
• Dariana Maldonado, 24, 1532 S. Main St., Elkhart, and Dianilza Figueroa, 22, 326 W. Indiana Ave., Elkhart, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 4:23 p.m. Saturday. The two women are accused of stealing a combined total of $77.76 worth of clothing, cosmetics and wine.
• Kendy Rivera, 31, 215 Roxbury Park, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 10:16 p.m. Saturday. Police said she attempted to steal cologne, an iHome Jam Box and a hat. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Jadah Bergman, 119 Hackett Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized her residence during the night hours Friday.
Traffic reports and arrests
• Roger Cannon, Syracuse, called Goshen police to 208 S. Wheatland Drive, Goshen, after his truck, which was parked along side the street, was struck by another vehicle which left the scene at 2:06 a.m. Sunday. There were no witnesses to the accident.
• Loren E. Hostetler, 20, Topeka, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of consuming alcoholic beverages while being under the age of 21 in the 2500 block of East Kercher Road, Goshen, at 12:17 p.m. Saturday. He was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.