A Ligonier man was sentenced to prison on a drug-related charge last week.
Gerald Sawicki, 53, had previously pleaded guilty to attempted dealing in methamphetamine by manufacuturing. In Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday, he was sentenced to six years in the Indiana Department of Corrections, plus six years on probation. He was given credit for 240 days he’d already been incarcerated.
Sawicki was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop in March in the 1800 block of Lincolnway East.
Display of a firearm reported
• Angela Lemarr, Roxbury Park, Goshen, told Goshen police a firearm was displayed at 11:45 p.m. Thursday.
Teen allegedly had knife at GMS
A 13-year-old boy at Goshen Middle School, 1216 S. Indiana Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possessing a knife on school property at 1 p.m. Friday.
He was released to his parent on a promise to appear in juvenile court.
• Harriet Miller of Goshen told Elkhart County police her debit card number was used to make four purchases she didn’t authorize. The purchases were made Nov. 17 and 18 and totaled $82.96.
• Aaron Patel, Goshen, told Goshen police an employee allegedly stole large amounts of money from the cash register at 1000 S. Main St., Goshen, Tuesday and Wednesday. Evidence was collected and a report taken, police said.
• Beth Vanness, 1115 West Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police of a possible mail scam at 10:14 a.m. Friday.
• A Goshen landlord found counterfeit U.S. currency at 415 Noble Court, Goshen, and turned it in to Goshen police at 9 a.m. Thursday.
• Richard Cariville, 907 Nikki Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his personal property Oct. 20.
• Gordon Skinner, 316 E. Monroe St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his wallet and contents at 8 a.m. Oct. 1.
• Maria Espinosa, 324 Stone Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole the vehicle registration from her vehicle during the overnight hours Friday.