THE GOSHEN NEWS
Elkhart County police arrested a Goshen man who allegedly threatened to kill his grandfather and neighbor Thursday.
Zachery Hruby, 23, 22928 Mulberry Court, was arrested at 1:30 p.m. on two felony counts of intimidation. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Police said Hruby made the threats while armed with a machete. The incident took place at Hruby’s home, according to police.
• Kosciusko County police have arrested two people who allegedly stole boats in the Papakeechie Lake area.
Kosciusko County and Indiana State police arrested Lindsay Raye Housman, 25, Cromwell, Wednesday while she was walking in the Enchanted Hills subdivision. Investigators said Housman was involved in the theft of at least two aluminum flat-bottom boats, as well as power tools.
Police also alleged that Charles (Chuck) E. Norris, 29, Cromwell, was involved in the same boat thefts, which reportedly took place in the fall of 2012. Officers obtained an arrest warrant for Norris on a felony burglary count and two felony theft counts.
According to police, Norris is incarcerated in the Whitley County Jail on unrelated charges including escape, aggravated battery, intimidation with a deadly weapon and probation violation.
• Nancy Casarez, 508 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police Thursday that someone broke into her apartment late last week or early this week while she was out of town. Several items in her apartment were damaged.
• Someone tried to steal televisions from Dutchman Manufacturing, 2021 E. Kercher Road, Thursday, according to a Goshen police report.
• Amanda Rodriguez, 35, 1809 Westplains Drive Apt. A-3, was arrested by Goshen police Thursday night at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road. Rodriguez allegedly tried to leave the store without paying for items. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Terrence Wise, 34, 622 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police Friday that someone attempted to break into his house during the night. Officers found the front door and door jamb at Wise’s home damaged.
• Olga M. Sosa, 511 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested Thursday by Goshen police on a charge of driving while her license privileges were suspended. She was arrested after being involved in an automobile crash around 12:32 p.m. in the 500 block of East Jefferson St. Sosa was released at the scene with a court date.