Girl goes to house to report dad drunk
Elkhart County police received a report from a man living on Scarborough Lane in Goshen that a 9-year-old girl showed up at his house reporting her father was heavily intoxicated at 8:55 p.m. Tuesday.
Upon arriving at the scene, police reported finding that the father was intoxicated. The Department of Child Services was contacted and responded to the scene, police said. The investigation is ongoing.
• Fairfield Junior-Senior High School Principal Ben Tonagel told Elkhart County police a new generation iPad was stolen from the school between 10:20 a.m. Dec. 19 and 3:05 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Jenny Howland, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges to her debit card between 8:30 p.m. Sunday and 8:38 p.m. Monday.
• Gail Hershberger, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made an unauthorized purchase on her debit card at approximately noon Monday.
• The Elkhart County Public Safety Communications Center received an alarm call from Linton’s, 20755 C.R. 14, Bristol, at 1:54 a.m. Wednesday. According to police, the alarm was triggered in the north pump house where a window had been broken out. It is unknown if anything was taken at the time.
• Amanda Leeman, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made an unauthorized online purchase with her Woodforest Bank Debit Card at approximately 6:10 a.m. Wednesday.
• Katherine Farrand told Elkhart County police someone stole $50 from her purse while she was at her place of employment, Elkhart Plastics, 51703 Packard Drive, Middlebury, at 9:30 a.m. The case remains under investigation.
• Nathan Everingham, 926 Foxbriar Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his open garage and removed his wife’s purse from an unlocked vehicle at 10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Concord High School Assistant Principal Lisa Kendall reported to Elkhart County police that two boys attacked another boy while at the school, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, between 7:40 and 7:45 a.m. Tuesday. The victim reportedly attempted to fight the suspects off until Kendall and assisting students broke it up.
• An employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a staff member was battered and a table damaged during an incident with a 17-year-old boy at 8:50 a.m. Tuesday at the school.
• An Elkhart woman reported to Goshen police that she was battered while inside McKee’s bar, 1914 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 1 a.m. Jan. 1.
• Judson Turner, 46, 1533 1/2 S. Main St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 4 p.m. Wednesday at 827 Plymouth Ave., Goshen, on charges of driving while a habitual traffic offender, false informing, resisting law enforcement and for an Elkhart County warrant. He was booked into the county jail.