Man dies after truck falls on him
A Goshen man was killed Friday night after he became pinned underneath a truck while he was working on it.
Dead is Mark Troyer, 31.
Authorities were notified at 7:39 p.m. of the mishap at Troyer’s home in the 55000 block of C.R. 27. Beth Troyer told police she found her husband unconscious and not breathing.
Elkhart County Coroner John White said Saturday that Troyer was working underneath a vehicle that rolled off a pair of ramps and pinned him.
White said Troyer’s death was due to asphyxia and is being ruled an accident.
• A one-vehicle crash injured a Niles, Mich., man Saturday morning north of Bristol.
Elkhart County police said the crash occurred at 11:02 a.m. at State Line Road and C.R. 33. Daniel Loniello, 27, was driving west in a 2005 Chevrolet four-door and swerved to avoid another vehicle that did not stop for a stop sign.
Loniello’s vehicle began to slide and went off State Line Road before striking a tree, fence post and ditch. Loniello suffered facial lacerations from broken glass, but refused medical treatment at the scene, police said.
Bobby Musselman, 74, Goshen, told Goshen police Friday of a computer scam in which an attempt was made to get $300 from him. Musselman said that through the scam, a virus was downloaded onto his computer, making it inoperable.
Brandon Hopkins, 39, Goshen, reported the woods to the rear of his residence on fire Friday evening. The incident occurred around 6 p.m. in the 400 block of Hackett Road.
Man dies after truck falls on him
- Police News
- Burglary suspect arrested within minutes Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department apprehended a burglary suspect Wednesday morning, just north of Leesburg, within 12 minutes of the crime.
- 2 Elkhart County work release escapees reported Two Goshen men have been listed as escapees from the Elkhart County Work Release Center in Goshen.Elkhart County police reported Tuesday that John A. Eller, 48, was reported as an escapee at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Thomas M. Moser, 35, was reported as an
- Two drivers injured in crash A collision Monday injured two drivers in Goshen, according to Goshen police.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
- More Police News Headlines