Man dies after truck falls on him
A Goshen man was killed Friday night after he became pinned underneath a truck while he was working on it.
Dead is Mark Troyer, 31.
Authorities were notified at 7:39 p.m. of the mishap at Troyer’s home in the 55000 block of C.R. 27. Beth Troyer told police she found her husband unconscious and not breathing.
Elkhart County Coroner John White said Saturday that Troyer was working underneath a vehicle that rolled off a pair of ramps and pinned him.
White said Troyer’s death was due to asphyxia and is being ruled an accident.
• A one-vehicle crash injured a Niles, Mich., man Saturday morning north of Bristol.
Elkhart County police said the crash occurred at 11:02 a.m. at State Line Road and C.R. 33. Daniel Loniello, 27, was driving west in a 2005 Chevrolet four-door and swerved to avoid another vehicle that did not stop for a stop sign.
Loniello’s vehicle began to slide and went off State Line Road before striking a tree, fence post and ditch. Loniello suffered facial lacerations from broken glass, but refused medical treatment at the scene, police said.
Bobby Musselman, 74, Goshen, told Goshen police Friday of a computer scam in which an attempt was made to get $300 from him. Musselman said that through the scam, a virus was downloaded onto his computer, making it inoperable.
Brandon Hopkins, 39, Goshen, reported the woods to the rear of his residence on fire Friday evening. The incident occurred around 6 p.m. in the 400 block of Hackett Road.
Man dies after truck falls on him
- Police News
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- More Police News Headlines
- Police raid party east of Goshen