Man dies after truck falls on him
A Goshen man was killed Friday night after he became pinned underneath a truck while he was working on it.
Dead is Mark Troyer, 31.
Authorities were notified at 7:39 p.m. of the mishap at Troyer’s home in the 55000 block of C.R. 27. Beth Troyer told police she found her husband unconscious and not breathing.
Elkhart County Coroner John White said Saturday that Troyer was working underneath a vehicle that rolled off a pair of ramps and pinned him.
White said Troyer’s death was due to asphyxia and is being ruled an accident.
• A one-vehicle crash injured a Niles, Mich., man Saturday morning north of Bristol.
Elkhart County police said the crash occurred at 11:02 a.m. at State Line Road and C.R. 33. Daniel Loniello, 27, was driving west in a 2005 Chevrolet four-door and swerved to avoid another vehicle that did not stop for a stop sign.
Loniello’s vehicle began to slide and went off State Line Road before striking a tree, fence post and ditch. Loniello suffered facial lacerations from broken glass, but refused medical treatment at the scene, police said.
Bobby Musselman, 74, Goshen, told Goshen police Friday of a computer scam in which an attempt was made to get $300 from him. Musselman said that through the scam, a virus was downloaded onto his computer, making it inoperable.
Brandon Hopkins, 39, Goshen, reported the woods to the rear of his residence on fire Friday evening. The incident occurred around 6 p.m. in the 400 block of Hackett Road.
Man dies after truck falls on him
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber