Man dies after truck falls on him
A Goshen man was killed Friday night after he became pinned underneath a truck while he was working on it.
Dead is Mark Troyer, 31.
Authorities were notified at 7:39 p.m. of the mishap at Troyer’s home in the 55000 block of C.R. 27. Beth Troyer told police she found her husband unconscious and not breathing.
Elkhart County Coroner John White said Saturday that Troyer was working underneath a vehicle that rolled off a pair of ramps and pinned him.
White said Troyer’s death was due to asphyxia and is being ruled an accident.
• A one-vehicle crash injured a Niles, Mich., man Saturday morning north of Bristol.
Elkhart County police said the crash occurred at 11:02 a.m. at State Line Road and C.R. 33. Daniel Loniello, 27, was driving west in a 2005 Chevrolet four-door and swerved to avoid another vehicle that did not stop for a stop sign.
Loniello’s vehicle began to slide and went off State Line Road before striking a tree, fence post and ditch. Loniello suffered facial lacerations from broken glass, but refused medical treatment at the scene, police said.
Bobby Musselman, 74, Goshen, told Goshen police Friday of a computer scam in which an attempt was made to get $300 from him. Musselman said that through the scam, a virus was downloaded onto his computer, making it inoperable.
Brandon Hopkins, 39, Goshen, reported the woods to the rear of his residence on fire Friday evening. The incident occurred around 6 p.m. in the 400 block of Hackett Road.
Man dies after truck falls on him
- Police News
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
- More Police News Headlines