THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen man has been arrested in connection with a stabbing that occurred early Tuesday morning in Goshen.
According to Goshen police, officers were called to 99 Brookside Manor, Goshen, at 12:08 a.m. Tuesday to investigate a stabbing.
Officers found Jason Lemler, 19, of the same address, with several cuts to the top of his head. Officers were told that an argument between Jason and a brother woke their uncle, Terry Lemler, 44, of the same address, who reportedly came out of his bedroom with two knives that appeared to be small swords and struck Jason on the head causing lacerations.
Terry Lemler was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery and booked into the county jail.
Jason Lemler was transported by ambulance to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries and was released. He required stitches and staples to close the wounds.
A Cromwell man was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday in Noble County.
According to Noble County police, Jonathan A. Ramirez Moreno, 19, was driving his vehicle on the south side of U.S. 6 on Ind. 9 when he reportedly pulled out in front of a second vehicle traveling east on U.S. 6, resulting in a collision.
Ramirez Moreno was flown to Parkview Regional Hospital in Fort Wayne for treatment of unknown injuries. The driver of the second vehicle, Joseph J. Zborowski, 51, Ligonier, was uninjured.
Elkhart Township firefighters responded to a house fire early Monday morning.
According to the department, firefighters were called to the home of James Schrock at 63828 C.R. 21 at 1:39 a.m. They found an electrical short and firefighters reported there was minor damage to an electrical plate on the outside wall and damage in a portion of the homes basement.
scene of crash
• Ariel Bunger of Goshen told Goshen police someone crashed into her vehicle at 411 N. Ninth St., Goshen and left the scene of the crash without exchanging information at 9 a.m. Sunday.
• William Greenawalt, 1018 N. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his lawn around 9 p.m. March 6.
• John Hill, 68445 Jackson St., New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone stole his 2012 Yamaha YMC-07K-50 from his residence between 6:30 p.m. March 3 and 5 a.m. March 4.
• Stephen Paul, 63114 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry into his garage and home between 9:30 and 11:20 a.m. Friday.
• Joel L. Irvin, 21150 State Line Road, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone kicked the door open to his residence and stole a laptop computer, change and jewelry between 8:37 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Friday.
• Amber Rolston, 119 W. Clinton St., Goshen, told Goshen police her Indiana driver’s license was stolen sometime in the last three weeks.
• Aaron Reyes, Goshen, told Goshen police his wallet was stolen from out of his vehicle while parked at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at noon Monday.
• Martha Gonzalez, 1728 Windsor Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used her bank account without her permission sometime within the past week.
• Kevonda Hartfield-Singh, 519 S. Silverwood Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police several items were stolen from out of her vehicle after it was repossessed at approximately 1 p.m. Sunday.
• Julio C. Guevara Jr., 17558 Bramblewood, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used his debit card number to purchase an item from a Gamestop store in New York.
• David Hare, 37, 70933 Ind. 13, Ligonier, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of battery and strangulation at 4:15 p.m. Friday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Jay Swinehart, 202 S. 26th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone spray painted the right side of his vehicle while it was parked at his home at 6:07 a.m. Tuesday.
• Gary Bates, 108 S. 26th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone spray painted the side of his van at approximately 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.
• Ronald E. Davidhizar, Goshen, told Goshen police the driver’s side window and rear driver’s side quarter window of his vehicle were shot and broken at approximately midnight Tuesday while the vehicle was parked in the 500 block of North Fifth Street, Goshen.
• Charly Rios, 20, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of leaving the scene of a property damage crash, illegal consumption of alcoholic beverage, never receiving a valid driver’s license and resisting law enforcement at 9:32 a.m. Sunday. Rios was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Hector F. Solano-Campos, 30, Elkhart, was stopped by Elkhart County police near Ind. 120 and Hilbish Boulevard in Bristol for traffic violations at 12:17 a.m. Saturday. He was arrested on a charge of a driving status of habitual traffic violator, and never received a valid driver’s license. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Jose Martinez, 29, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of never having received a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop on Ind. 15 and C.R. 14 in Bristol at 2:22 p.m. Sunday. Martinez was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Ann M. Gerstbauer, 27, Middlebury, was driving west on Claire Lane, east of Staci Lane In Middlebury and ran her vehicle off the roadway, struck a concrete wall and a tree. Her vehicle became suspended over a creek. She was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence at 3:53 a.m. Saturday. She was incarcerated and ticketed for unsafe speed.
• Brandon Lee Smith, 29, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence at 4:08 a.m. Sunday during a traffic stop on U.S. 20 and C.R. 21 in Goshen. He was incarcerated.