THE GOSHEN NEWS
Barbara Castaneda, 611 Stevens Court, Goshen, told Goshen police of finding items associated with the manufacture of methamphetamine in a wooded area near her residence around 6:35 p.m. Wednesday. The Indiana State Police Methamphetamine Suppression Team was contacted and arrangements were made to have the items collected according to police.
• Jeffery B. Cook, 21, 300 N. Michigan St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of criminal conversion at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 9:33 a.m. Wednesday. He was given a court date and released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City court.
• Derrick Smith, 55, 720-A W. Pike St., Goshen was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft of antifreeze from Kroger Fuel Center, 612 W. Pike St., Goshen at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday. Smith was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Nathan Zollinger, 68550 U.S. 33, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered his residence by kicking in the door and stole medication and change between 6:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• Gordon Groves of Goshen, told Goshen police a theft of $619.30 paid through fraudulent calls from someone at 16105 C.R. 22 between March 16 and Wednesday.
• An employee at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old male hit a 16-year-old male in the cheek causing minor injuries around 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The 15-year-old was transported to the Juvenile Detention Center.
• Arturo Gutierrez-Jeronimo, 27, 418 Johnston St. Apt. 2, Goshen, was stopped by Elkhart County police on a traffic violation on C.R. 20 and Minuteman Drive in Elkhart at 4 a.m. Thursday. He was arrested on a charge of never receiving a valid driver’s license and was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. Gutierrez-Jeronimo was previously arrested by Goshen police one month ago on the same violation according to police.
• Michael R. Brown, 57, Nappanee, was stopped by Elkhart County police for traffic violations near U.S. Hwy. 6 and C.R. 15 in Nappanee at 10:34 p.m. Wednesday. Brown was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence.
Goshen police were dispatched to the 2500 block of East Kercher Road about a male sleeping on the property. The male told police he was homeless and left the property without incident around 5:58 a.m. Thursday.