Teen seriously injured
A Goshen teenager was seriously injured Saturday afternoon when a tree branch fell on him.
Goshen police reported that Juan Rios, 14, 207 S. Ninth St., was helping pick up branches and trimmings in his backyard around 2:30 p.m. Saturday. A branch that had been cut fell and hit him on the head.
Police said Rios sustained a severe head injury and medics were called to the home. Rios was later transferred to Memorial Hospital of South Bend, where he was listed in serious condition Sunday.
Driver hurt in crash
A two-vehicle crash injured a Millersburg woman a mile south of Goshen Friday.
The collision occurred at 3:11 p.m. at C.R.s 31 and 40. Elkhart County police said a northbound 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 driven by Bryce Gingerich, 16, Millersburg, collided with an eastbound 1999 Lincoln Towncar driven by Theresa Scheffers, 43, Millersburg.
Scheffers suffered back pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. Police said Gingerich was cited for failure to yield the right of way and for having expired vehicle registration.
Fire in bathroom
Goshen police and firefighters were called to Rogers Park around 7:24 p.m. Saturday after smoke was seen coming from a public bathroom. Firefighters extinguished a small fire found inside the bathroom.
• Sarah Davidson of Goshen told Goshen police someone entered her unlocked vehicle Friday and ransacked the interior. She said nothing appeared to be taken. The vehicle was parked at 926 N. Main St. when the incident occurred.
• Ella S. Hunt, 18, 22775 Falcon Court, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Saturday after allegedly tried to shoplift two bottles of alcoholic beverages. She was released at the scene with a court date.
• James J. Dillon, 36, 1823 Bashor Road, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 12:42 a.m. Sunday in the area of Chicago and Denver avenues. He was incarcerated on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic, and on two arrest warrants.
The following motorists were arrested by Goshen police on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Ricardo Martinez-Torres, 19, 801 Fremont St., Elkhart, was arrested after a traffic stop shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday in the area of Elkhart Road and Riverside Boulevard. Police said he was stopped after driving at a high rate of speed alongside another vehicle, and for driving left of center. In addition to the OWI, Martinez-Torres was arrested on charges of driving while never receiving a driver’s license, competing in a speed contest, and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage by a minor.
• Jorge Diaz, 44, 322 Fairview Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2 a.m. Sunday. Police said Diaz was stopped for driving over the fog line on the right side of the road and disregarding a stop sign.
Teen seriously injured
- Police News
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- More Police News Headlines