THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen resident told Goshen police of being scammed over the phone by a male who said he was with the U.S. Government Grant Department around 1:10 p.m. March 1. The unknown male told the resident of winning money and in order to receive the money, they had to send money in the amount of $1,437 overseas. The resident sent the amount.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Christopher D. Oler, 33, 1607 S. 11th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at Pike Street and Indiana Avenue at 3:12 a.m. Sunday.
• Elena Duran, 22, 1717 Morton St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop in the 1300 block of South Eighth Street at 3:26 a.m. Sunday.
• Skylar W. Stevens, 18, 1410 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at Fifth and Pike streets at 4:16 a.m. Sunday.
• Scott R. Shaw, 47, 1117 Maple Row, was arrested by Middlebury police after traffic stop at 2:06 a.m. Sunday on U.S. 20, east of C.R. 31.
• Nicholas Kafka, 21, 22390 Stillwater Court, Apt. 3A, Elkhart, was arrested after a crash on U.S. 20 west of C.R. 17 that occurred around 2:19 p.m. Saturday.
• John Richard Adams, 46, 23697 Linden Drive, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop at 12:47 p.m. Wednesday on C.R. 13 south of C.R. 45. He was also arrested on charges of driving while being a habitual traffic violator and for driving while never receiving an operator’s license.
• Roger A. McIntosh Jr., 45, 29816 Arizona Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 10:47 p.m. Saturday on Ind. 120 at C.R. 17. He was also incarcerated on a charge of possession of marijuana.
• Eric J. Pringle, 48, 603 N. Vine St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after traffic around 10 p.m. Saturday on Ind. 120, east of C.R. 19, Bristol.
• William A. Ferrati, 23, 1692 E. 200 north Lot 35, Warsaw, was arrested after a traffic stop shortly before 11 p.m. Friday in the area of Ind. 19 and C.R. 46. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail on a charge of driving without ever receiving an operator’s license.
• Jose A. Ramirez, 38, no address given, was involved in an automobile collision around 10:47 Sunday at Ind. 13 and C.R. 20, Middlebury. Police said he was cited for traffic violations and never receiving a driver’s license.
• Elkhart County police said two Northridge High School students, ages 15 and 16, were found to be in possession of marijuana on school property Friday morning. The students were expelled from school and released to family members.
• Jim Carpenter, 62, C.R. 50, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police Sunday he found several empty 20-ounce bottles containing a white powdery substance near his residence. Police said the bottles contained methamphetamine lab remnants and were inactive.
• Russell Shreve, 57, 774 June Drive, Cromwell, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 6:30 p.m. Saturday on U.S. 33 at C.R. 15. He was taken into custody on charges of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
• Benny F. Henio, 32, 301 Arbor Court, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 9 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of Elkhart Road. Police said Henio possessed marijuana and drug paraphernalia. He was arrested and released at the scene with a court date.
• Jim Carpenter, C.R. 50, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police he found several empty 20 ounce bottles containing an unknown white powdery substance near his residence at 2 p.m. Sunday. The bottles were later determined to contain methamphetamine lab remnants and were inactive. The State Police Clandestine Meth Team was notified of the incident.
• Employees of Lippert Components, 51040 Greenfield Parkway, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a small container was found with a white powdery substance at 10:30 p.m. Monday. According of police, the white powdery substance was later field tested and found to be methamphetamine. The potential suspect is still under investigation by the Elkhart County police.
• Wanda Taylor, Benjamin Richards and Toby Biggs told Goshen police someone egged their vehicles this past weekend in the 1200 block of Wilson Avenue.
• Daniel Griffith, Nappanee, told Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while parked in the 2000 block of Caragana Court at 5 a.m. March 12.
• John Potter, 1202 Wilson Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a ceramic goose he had outside of his residence at 12:20 a.m. Tuesday.
Dog runs loose
• Goshen police were called to reports of a loose pitbull dog in the 600 block of River Avenue and the 400 block of Middlebury Street in separate incidents this past weekend.
• Jackie M. Pendergrass, 22, 810 N. Sixth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery in the area of 1700 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen at 2:14 a.m. Sunday. She was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• A 21-year-old woman told Goshen police she was sexually battered in Roxbury Park around 6 p.m. Friday. She did not receive any injures as a result of the incident, police reported.
• Corey Jent, 25, 112 E. Lincoln Ave., Apt. 42, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:55 a.m. Tuesday at his residence on a charge of disorderly conduct. He was booked into the county jail.
• Paul Wagner, 41, 18312 Dennis Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 8:53 p.m. at his residence on a charge of battery. He was booked into the county jail.
• Sheila Shively, 18312 Dennis Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of being battered by her boyfriend, Paul Wagner, during an argument at 8:53 p.m.. Monday. Wagner, 41, was arrested by police on a charge of battery and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. Hively suffered pain to her neck and finger.
• A school teacher at Bashor Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police of being battered by a 10-year-old male student around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday.