A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
Missing Syracuse teen located
A teen who went missing in the Syracuse area Thursday was later located.
Syracuse police were sent to a residence in the town at approximately 6 p.m. Thursday for an out-of-control 14-year-old. When police arrived, the child fled on foot. Police reported that after officers were unable to locate the youth, the Turkey Creek Fire Department and EMS were requested to assist with the search at 7:46 p.m.
Benton Township Fire Department personnel were called in at 8 p.m. to assist in the search. A total of 25 emergency personnel conducted the search, according to police, and the child was located en route back to the residence at 8:15 p.m.
The child was evaluated at the scene by Turkey Creek Fire Department Territory EMS personnel due to the cold weather conditions. No further medical attention was required. Police said the child was returned unharmed to the residence with the child’s parents.
• Andrew Morse of Goshen reported to Goshen police this week that someone stole items from his property and pets were left abandoned after two tenants moved out of a residence.
• Lindsey Kurtz of Middlebury told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked at 924 W. Pike St. Thursday.
• Gary Miller, 126 Huron St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his 2010 Dodge Caravan Wednesday in the 100 block of Huron Street.
Police recently arrested the following motorists on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Gerald Cripe, 69, 20382 C.R. 40, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop on Twelfth Street, south of College Avenue, at 7:48 p.m. Thursday.
• Rebecca Wilson, 19, 612 N. Main St., Goshen, was arrested after a traffic stop at 12:33 a.m. Friday near C.R. 17 and C.R. 45. In addition to the OWI, Wilson was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption of alcohol. Katelinn Yoder, 19, 57778 Ind. 15, Goshen, was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption.