Missing Syracuse teen located
A teen who went missing in the Syracuse area Thursday was later located.
Syracuse police were sent to a residence in the town at approximately 6 p.m. Thursday for an out-of-control 14-year-old. When police arrived, the child fled on foot. Police reported that after officers were unable to locate the youth, the Turkey Creek Fire Department and EMS were requested to assist with the search at 7:46 p.m.
Benton Township Fire Department personnel were called in at 8 p.m. to assist in the search. A total of 25 emergency personnel conducted the search, according to police, and the child was located en route back to the residence at 8:15 p.m.
The child was evaluated at the scene by Turkey Creek Fire Department Territory EMS personnel due to the cold weather conditions. No further medical attention was required. Police said the child was returned unharmed to the residence with the child’s parents.
• Andrew Morse of Goshen reported to Goshen police this week that someone stole items from his property and pets were left abandoned after two tenants moved out of a residence.
• Lindsey Kurtz of Middlebury told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked at 924 W. Pike St. Thursday.
• Gary Miller, 126 Huron St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his 2010 Dodge Caravan Wednesday in the 100 block of Huron Street.
Police recently arrested the following motorists on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Gerald Cripe, 69, 20382 C.R. 40, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop on Twelfth Street, south of College Avenue, at 7:48 p.m. Thursday.
• Rebecca Wilson, 19, 612 N. Main St., Goshen, was arrested after a traffic stop at 12:33 a.m. Friday near C.R. 17 and C.R. 45. In addition to the OWI, Wilson was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption of alcohol. Katelinn Yoder, 19, 57778 Ind. 15, Goshen, was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption.
Missing Syracuse teen located
- Police News
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
- More Police News Headlines