Missing Syracuse teen located
A teen who went missing in the Syracuse area Thursday was later located.
Syracuse police were sent to a residence in the town at approximately 6 p.m. Thursday for an out-of-control 14-year-old. When police arrived, the child fled on foot. Police reported that after officers were unable to locate the youth, the Turkey Creek Fire Department and EMS were requested to assist with the search at 7:46 p.m.
Benton Township Fire Department personnel were called in at 8 p.m. to assist in the search. A total of 25 emergency personnel conducted the search, according to police, and the child was located en route back to the residence at 8:15 p.m.
The child was evaluated at the scene by Turkey Creek Fire Department Territory EMS personnel due to the cold weather conditions. No further medical attention was required. Police said the child was returned unharmed to the residence with the child’s parents.
• Andrew Morse of Goshen reported to Goshen police this week that someone stole items from his property and pets were left abandoned after two tenants moved out of a residence.
• Lindsey Kurtz of Middlebury told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked at 924 W. Pike St. Thursday.
• Gary Miller, 126 Huron St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his 2010 Dodge Caravan Wednesday in the 100 block of Huron Street.
Police recently arrested the following motorists on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Gerald Cripe, 69, 20382 C.R. 40, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop on Twelfth Street, south of College Avenue, at 7:48 p.m. Thursday.
• Rebecca Wilson, 19, 612 N. Main St., Goshen, was arrested after a traffic stop at 12:33 a.m. Friday near C.R. 17 and C.R. 45. In addition to the OWI, Wilson was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption of alcohol. Katelinn Yoder, 19, 57778 Ind. 15, Goshen, was also arrested on a charge of illegal consumption.
Missing Syracuse teen located
- Police News
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- No cause yet for Friday blaze No cause has been determined in the blaze firefighters say heavily damaged a home northeast of Goshen Friday night.
- Two injured in crash on Ind. 15 Two people were injured in a single-vehicle crash on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 near Bristol Saturday. The crash occurred at 5 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Michael Norton, 50, Colon, Mich., left the roadway and
- More Police News Headlines