• An employee of Graber Custom Remodeling, Goshen, reported various hand tools stolen from the company’s work trailer around 4:30 a.m. Monday, according to Goshen police.
• Grace and Nathan Swartzendruber, Goshen, reported that someone altered the dollar amount on a check they had written, and that someone had opened a cable television account using their checking account information Oct. 28, according to Goshen police.
• Kylie A. Hewitt, 32, 1006 Michigan St., Goshen, was arrested at Meijer on Elkhart Road on a charge of theft after she was caught shoplifting around 6:49 p.m. Tuesday, according to Goshen police.
• Shawn E. Rouch, 502 Brookside Manor, Goshen, reported seeing someone in the driver’s seat of his unlocked van around 2:25 a.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police. Rouch opened his house door to go outside and the person took off running with two other people, police reported. Rouch found nothing stolen or damaged.
• Jeffrey Spraulding, Goshen, reported fraud charges around 5:37 p.m. Monday to his bank account spanning over a period of three days, according to Elkhart County police.
• Stephen Stump, 20000 Regina Road, New Paris, reported vandalism to his truck parked at his home sometime between 9:30 p.m. Monday and 4:55 a.m. Tuesday, according to Elkhart County police. Someone broke out his truck’s window and took cash and personal items from the truck, police said.
• Michelle Hayes reported that sometime between 10:30 p.m. Sunday and 7:01 a.m. Monday someone stole more than 200 CDs from her 2002 silver Chevrolet Cavalier parked at 11396 C.R. 4, Middlebury, according to Elkhart County police.
A woman found a .22 caliber rifle and a blue jacket on C.R. 29, north of C.R. 142, Monday between noon and 1 p.m., according to Elkhart County police.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A woman reported her mirror on her vehicle was broken off by a 13-year-old student at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Bristol, around 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to Elkhart County police.