Two men were arrested and a woman was flown to a hospital after a car chase involving police Sunday.
Syracuse police report an officer attempted to stop a speeding vehicle on West Chicago Street near Sycamore Street Sunday at 4:35 a.m. Police said the driver fled north through Syracuse and then south on Syracuse Webster Road. The driver then drove off the road and into a field, where his vehicle crashed into trees.
Police said two men ran from the car, leaving Pamela Howze, 35, Buchanan, Mich. injured in the car. Police said she was flown from the scene to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne for treatment of her injuries and alcohol intoxication.
Police searched for the men and located Lyle L. Miller, 25, 409 N. Main St., Syracuse when he tried to return to his home. He was arrested. Police also arrested Donald L. Combs, 40, Syracuse, while he was reportedly hiding in a closet of an apartment on Lynwood Avenue in Syracuse.
Combs was arrested on charges of being a habitual traffic offender for life, a class D felony charge. He was also arrested on charges of fleeing from law enforcement, a class D felony; and leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, a class D felony.
Miller was arrested on a charge of fleeing law enforcement, a class A misdemeanor.
Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department, Winona Lake Police and the Kosciusko County prosecutor’s office assisted Syracuse police.
Shots fired at home
A Bristol woman filed a report with Elkhart County police at 8:53 p.m. Sunday indicating someone drove past a residence she owns at 55734 C.R. 19, Bristol, and fired two shots from a firearm. The rounds reportedly struck the residence, police said. No one was injured inside the residence.
Road rage reported
LaGrange County police received a report of possible road rage involving a firearm at 12:38 p.m. Sunday on U.S. 20 at Six Mile Cafe. According to police, the incident involved a blue semi and a tan van, where the subject in the van was displaying a firearm. Sheriff’s deputies reportedly located the semi following the incident and received a report from the driver. The driver stated that the driver of the tan van had passed him in the area of U.S. 20 and Ind. 15, then proceeded to hit is brakes in the roadway in front of the semi and pull onto the shoulder of the road several times trying to get the semi to stop. The driver of the van then reportedly displayed a black handgun and waved it around before turning off onto C.R. 600 W. Officers in the area were not able to locate the van at the time of the report. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department at 463-7491.
Man exposed self to child
LaGrange County police received a report of indecent exposure Friday involving a juvenile victim. According to LaGrange County police, the department received a report from a juvenile girl indicating that while she was riding her bicycle at C.R. 300 N. 500 West, an unknown man drove past her in a silver Chevy with his genitals exposed. The man was reportedly fondling himself as he passed the girl, police said. The department conducted a search of the area, but was reportedly unable to locate either the suspect or the vehicle do to the time laps involved between the incident occurring and the victim’s report.
• Meghan H. Neff, 20, Union, Mich., filed a report with Goshen police at 9:41 p.m. Sunday indicating her vehicle was struck by another vehicle while parked in the parking lot of Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen. The vehicle then left the scene without making a report.
• Philip Wiler, 18830 C.R. 46, New Paris, filed a report with Elkhart County police at noon Thursday indicating he was the victim of fraud over the internet.
• Leroy Hershberger, 52877 C.R. 35, Bristol, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 12:11 p.m. Saturday indicating two 12 foot aluminum ramps were stolen from the flatbed of his semi and trailer while it was parked along the west side of C.R. 35, just north of Ind. 120, between 10 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday.
• Kawliga Sticker, 53586 C.R. 27, Lot 125, Bristol, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 7:30 p.m. Friday indicating someone entered the C.R. 27 residence between 6 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 p.m. Friday and removed a television and clothing.
• Roland Rohrer, 25686 C.R. 32, Goshen, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 5:48 p.m. Sunday indicating a 2007 Suzuki DR200SET motorcycle was stolen from his residence sometime between June 20 and Sunday.
• Kimberly Lucas, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 8:30 a.m. Monday indicating a license plate had been stolen off of a trailer while parked at 301 W. Washington St., Goshen. The plate was entered into a national database system as stolen.
• Roberto Hernandez-Diaz, 398 Roxbury Park, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 11 p.m. Sunday indicating his 2012 Kait scooter was stolen from in front of his home during the overnight hours.
• Sheila Darrenkamp, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 11:40 a.m. Monday indicating her yellow mountain bike was stolen while she was shopping at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen.
• Andrew L. Cook, 802 S. Main St., Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 11 a.m. Monday indicating his bicycle had been stolen from his open garage.
• Dawna Heiliger, Elkhart, filed a report with Goshen police at 8 a.m. Monday indicating her purse and prescription medication were stolen while she was at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen. The purse was later recovered.
• Crystal Romo, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at noon Friday indicating her son’s bicycle was stolen while parked at 412 Center St., Goshen.
• Harvey Hanson, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 1 p.m. July 30 indicating someone entered the Goshen Inn, 1735 Lincolnway East, Goshen, and caused a significant amount of damage to the inside of the building.
• Janice Martin, 804 S. Main St., Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 1 p.m. July 26 indicating her bicycle had been stolen from out of her garage.
• Dena Hostetler, Middlebury, filed a report with Goshen police at 9:15 p.m. Monday indicating her wallet was stolen while she was at the intersection of Main and Washington streets in Goshen.
• Louis Fisher, 26, 126 E. Seventh St., Mishawaka, and Ronald Fisher, 23, 4201 Norton Drive, Goshen, were arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:42 a.m. Sunday while at American Sunspace, 30012 C.R. 10, Elkhart, on charges of theft after the two men were reportedly found in possession of 57 steel bars stolen from the facility. They were booked into the county jail.
• Andrew Stichter, 68513 C.R. 25, New Paris, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 4:30 p.m. Monday indicating unauthorized transactions were made to his checking account on July 25 in the amount of $655.
• Joseph Littrice, 20, 938 Portage Lane, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:22 p.m. Sunday while at 2601 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, on a charge of felony domestic battery in the presence of a child. He was booked into the county jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Goshen police received a faxed graffiti report at 8:45 a.m. Sunday indicating a property at 220 S. Main St., Goshen, owned by Astrum Properties LLC, had been spray painted.
• Matthew W. Johnson, Elkhart, filed a report with Goshen police at 5 p.m. July 26 indicating he noticed graffiti on the Public Defender’s building at 119 N. Third St., Goshen. A graffiti report was submitted.
• Gurdeep Singh, Middlebury, filed a report with Goshen police at 6:50 p.m. Monday indicating his vehicle was vandalized while parked in the parking lot of the Phillips 66 gas station, 224 N. Main St., Goshen.
• Goshen police responded to Kroger, 201 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 12:11 p.m. Monday after a two-year-old boy was found walking in the parking lot wearing only a diaper. The child was found to be in good health. The parents were located and a report was made. The Department of Child Services was also contacted.
• Juan C. Santiago-Fuentes, 34, 22088 Wabash St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 6:09 p.m. Saturday while on C.R. 20, just east of C.R. 23, Goshen, on a charge of operating a vehicle while never having received a license. He was booked into the county jail.
• An inmate at the Elkhart County Work Release facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, was reportedly found by Elkhart County police to be in possession of synthetic marijuana at 10:35 p.m. Sunday. The case remains under investigation.
• Thomas Bennett, 23, 406 Crystal Valley Drive, Unit B, Middlebury, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:04 a.m. Saturday while at 58458 Ind. 19, Elkhart, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
Two men were arrested and a woman was flown to a hospital after a car chase involving police Sunday.
- Police News
- Driver jailed for drunk driving after early-morning wreck Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early Sunday morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
UPDATE: Four people injured in four-vehicle U.S. 20 crash
A four-vehicle crash injured four people north of Goshen Sunday afternoon. Police said one of the drivers involved suffered life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 21.
UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition
A Westview High School student remained hospitalized in critical condition today following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition this afternoon.
Three people hurt in crash, driver arrested
Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early this morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Crash reported north of Goshen
Injuries have been reported in a traffic collision that happened north of Goshen earlier this afternoon.
- Several burglaries reported in Goshen Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported in Goshen, according to city police:
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- More Police News Headlines