A motorcyclist died after his vehicle left the road and struck a utility pole early Sunday afternoon.
Dead is Billy Joe Johnson, 32, of Elkhart.
According to a release from the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, Johnson was traveling southwest on CR 22, south of CR 28 around 1:12 p.m. Sunday. The road curved to the right and Johnson’s 2003 Yamaha motorcycle went off the left side of the road in the curve instead of turning right and struck a utility pole.
Johnson suffered fatal head injuries.
The Elkhart County Crash Investigation Team is investigating.
• David Carranza, 420 Johnston St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole money from his unlocked vehicle while it was parked at his residence at 11 p.m. Friday.
• Illani M. Pumfrey, 22, 419 S. Silverwood Lane, Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:22 p.m. Saturday while at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft.
• Xiang Lin, Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke into her vehicle while parked in the 500 block of Alfalfa Street, Goshen, at 10:45 a.m. Saturday.
• Erich J. Conran, 2015 Chicago Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:30 p.m. Saturday while at Rogers Park. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Deborah Cotherman told Goshen police a second story window was broken at a vacant house at 415 S. 10th St., Goshen, at around midnight July 1. Cotherman said it also appears someone has been staying inside the house, and was able to provide information on a possible suspect.
• Jackie Ramirez of Ramirez Towing and Salvage, 828 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police numerous vehicles in storage on the property were vandalized at 7 p.m. Friday.
• Jose Andrade-Silva, 26, Fort Wayne, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:52 a.m. Saturday in the 4200 block of Elkhart Road, Goshen, on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to deal and operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was booked into the county jail.